Need BOOBIE help

Options
Hi MFP:

This goes out to all of my plus size pals with breasts in the 42DD and up range. Will your breasts actually go down in size if you lose 60+ pounds or will they remain the same size with a few inches off here and there? I know it seems like a silly question, but I am wondering if I lose 100 pounds, will I still have these big old plus size boobies attached to my new frame or will they drop in size proportionate to my new weight? Anyone got any experience with this? I put major focus on my chest and arms during my workouts. I do about 40 push ups a day, plus weight lifting. I have lost 20 pounds so far and I have 80 more to go. My boobies look exactly the same with very little change in actual girth. I know they are still probably going to be floppy and poorly shaped, there is nothing I can do about that. But I at least need them to be smaller. :sad:

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Mine changed. . I do plan on going under the surgeon's knife at goal though because I like the size and fullness
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I think it is an individual thing. I lost over 50 pounds and went from 44DDD to 38D. So my experience was yes... good luck.!
  • imxnianne
    imxnianne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    There are excersizes in strength training that will make them in better shape. Can't name them, but they perk up the twins. I'm sure if they will downsize, they'll be a lot firmer then they would be at the moment. Mine I believe are shrinking but they are perking up. I like it better this way even if they would downsize (from a 36c). Sorry, I don't fit the big size league. :)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Mine went down from a 40 DD to a 36 D. And at my smallest, they were filling out a 34 C. They do shrink, just slowly. Boobs have A LOT of concentrated fat, so that's going to be slow going off.
  • camilleme73
    camilleme73 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have lost 100+ 2x before and I went from 44DD to 38D both times. Good luck :)
  • janessanessa
    janessanessa Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30 lbs. and while mine seem smaller, I still fit into a DD cup comfortably, but my band size has went from 36 to a 32.
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    40DD to 36D too. They look so much better in a bra and in pictures,
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Mine went from a 40E to a 34FF. It really just depends on the person and their body type. The cup size obviously didn't change drastically, but they definitely appeared to get a lot smaller and just looked less fatty (if that makes sense). You're boobs will change with your body, don't worry! :flowerforyou:
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hi MFP:

This goes out to all of my plus size pals with breasts in the 42DD and up range. Will your breasts actually go down in size if you lose 60+ pounds or will they remain the same size with a few inches off here and there? I know it seems like a silly question, but I am wondering if I lose 100 pounds, will I still have these big old plus size boobies attached to my new frame or will they drop in size proportionate to my new weight? Anyone got any experience with this? I put major focus on my chest and arms during my workouts. I do about 40 push ups a day, plus weight lifting. I have lost 20 pounds so far and I have 80 more to go. My boobies look exactly the same with very little change in actual girth. I know they are still probably going to be floppy and poorly shaped, there is nothing I can do about that. But I at least need them to be smaller. :sad:

I've gone from a 42DDD to a 36DD, and probably smaller than that by now.. my bra is a bit loose.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I only lost band size. I went from a 38DD to a 34DD-36DD (depending on brand).
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    thought about it - would rather this not be on the internet lol.
  • Hollyrose90
    Options
    So, what's the likelihood of boobs deflating and looking saggy at the end of a 100 lb loss? As much as I need my boobs to get smaller too (back problems!) I'm terrified that when I reach goal they're going to look droopy and sad.
  • trobbin88
    trobbin88 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    my boobs are the first to go...wwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me sad.:frown:
  • xDawnsgrace
    Options
    I went from a 34DD to a 32B/C. So in my case, yes, they shrunk and are more proportionate.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    If you gained fat in them when you put on weight, then they will shrink. The amount of actual breast tissue should stay the same.

I went from a 38DD to a 34D.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Mine go at the same rate as my hips, so pretty consistently throughout losing weight. They are programmed to be the same measurement, apparently :D

When I lose enough BF, I'm all muscle in the hips and only then do the boobs get to a smaller measurement. They just keep on going, too. That's why I don't want to be a very low BF%. I like my boobs :) And I wish the hips went after my midsection! That's the part I want to go away the most.
  • OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I only lost band size. I went from a 38DD to a 34DD-36DD (depending on brand).

I think this varies from person to person.....if your boobs are "fat" vs. actual mammary tissue - i have lost both band and boobs -
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I only ever lose band size, at my thinest i looked like barbie, its ridiculous.
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    It took 40 pounds to finally get a smaller bra size...and even then it was just the band. So far they are still DD...just 38DD instead of 40DD. I have another 30 pounds to go and am hoping to at least get down to D...was really hoping for C, but I think that might be pushing it.