looking for support from women working midnights

Options
Hello I'm 35 and a wife and mother of 3. I work late nights from 5:30pm-3am. I have a great support group from all my mfps but I also want to add ppl that work the same shift that also has kids. Even if you don't have kids, I know that you understand how dif it is working this shift. For me it's a challenge vs a 9-5 is because, even though I may work the same amount of hours, I actually still have to wake up in the morning when I should be sleeping to take care of my kids and get them to school. This means that I'm up longer and needing or wanting more food than a person on a regular schedule. That's a struggle in itself.
If you would like to know more about me, everything is on my profile.
I'm a great supporter and I'm looking for the same.

Best Wishes to you in your journey

Thanks

Replies

• mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I work 12 hour shifts 7pm to 7 am. My kids are 18 and 20, but I did this shift for years while they were growing up. Oh how I remember the days of waking up at 2:30 pm, getting in the car within five minutes to pick them up from school. Then I would get ready for work and make everyone dinner before leaving. Fun times lol.
  • XianC
    XianC Posts: 93
    Options
    There's a thread that has a lot of people in it for overnighters. Perhaps you would find some support there. I know a lot of us men post there but there are many women there as well.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1121187-official-nightshift-thread
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I am currently on a regular schedule but worked nights for just over 5 years. I don't have kids yet (I'm currently pregnant right now) but you can add me if you would like. I DEFINITELY know what you are going through - I had to get off of them because I started getting sick all the time.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    There's a thread that has a lot of people in it for overnighters. Perhaps you would find some support there. I know a lot of us men post there but there are many women there as well.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1121187-official-nightshift-thread

Huh. I never knew about this thread, all those years of working night shift!
  • carameldownsized
    carameldownsized Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just posted about his I work at a hospital and I get off at 7:30am and my kids arent i daycare plus my eating schedule is jacked up and i try to exercise during the day as well I'm lost!!!