REBOUNDER?! tips anyone bouncing?!!

Options
Hi all!
I have a Belkin Rebounder, awesome mini trampoline....

any one have any work out tips?

How do I put it under my exercise, so far I have been putting it down as cardio dancing?!

Replies

• SASSYJAX
    SASSYJAX Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    ...also how long do I have to exercise for to get the endorphins pumping?!
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I have a rebounder, and went outside of MFP to input weight and exercise into SELF magazines calculator. I then added rebounding to the MFP exercise database and just use that to calculate my burn. I also have a Fitbit, and do walking on the rebounder in front of the tv to get up to 10,000 steps (don't enter it into MFP) if I haven't gotten to that many steps in my normal day.

You may want to get a Heart Rate Monitor to calculate exactly how much burn you have. I "jump rope" (the motion only) on the rebounder, and that seems to raise my heart rate significantly more than jogging on it, and certainly more than merely walking.

Have fun with your new rebounder. I adore mine!

:)
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    ...also how long do I have to exercise for to get the endorphins pumping?!

That's different for everyone. I think it's probably common to need a sustained elevated heart rate for 30 mins. or more to get that slightly elevated feeling to be noticeable for hours afterward. Or maybe it's just me. I'm sure it's all on a scale. 20 mins. of cardio gives you X endorphin benefit, 40 mins. gives you X+Y. It's up to you to decide what's the best bang for your buck.