Holiday Changes?

Options
I have always loved to bake for the holidays and of course taste what I make (ha ha). This year will be challenging to stay on track. I think my plan will be to still sample what I make (just not so much), not go back for seconds at the holiday meals, and exercise like crazy!

Do you have any plans to change the way you eat/behave during the Holidays and what are they?

Replies

• byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I don't a plan, but that's great that you are already making a game plan for yourself. You will do great! Come to think of it, I think my plan is to workout as consistent as possible.
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    My plans as of now is to still bake & cook. My family knows I love to bake and would expect it to be the same as every year in the past. I will eat the same things as before but less of it. When I bake instead of eating a cookie or two each time they come out of the oven I may eat 1 and store the rest.
    I also know that I will have to keep exercising though out the winter months just to ward off any pounds that may think of rejoining
    the lbs that are left on me :laugh:

Good Luck,
    Mary
  • christina1109
    Options
    Depending on if we have friends/family over I will only be cooking enough food for the number of people attending, with only scant amounts of leftovers available for seconds. I also plan on finding smaller springform pans for my cheesecakes that I make. I may try for low-fat or no-fat instead of regular cream cheese for those this year. I don't make pies.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    My plan for the last 2 holiday seasons has been to maintain. This has worked well. I get to have my favorite goodies (within reason) and I still exercise every day. Last year I even lost a couple of pounds, even though I was on maintenance!

I still bake my usual holiday treats but most of them are for gifts so they are not left out. I am also slowly tweaking my favorites to make them a little healthier. (This is not always successful!)
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I don't have plans really. Just going to cook and still check how much I am eating. I was never huge on holiday meals like most people. I don't stuff myself for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I honestly am always done before everyone because I eat just like any other day.
  • BigGirlB2008
    BigGirlB2008 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Holidays are the worst for me, my family loves to bake loads of deserts even if we know its going to be a small get together. I always just try to remind myself that if I want to "sample" everything then I will have to get smaller portions! Just because its a holiday doesn't mean we have to lose our heads right? haha but then that idea didn't work out so well last year T_T so I am really not looking forward to the holidays
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Holidays are tough. I plan on sampling but not over indulging. Maybe a taste of a favorite desert. My downfall is starch. MMM, the mashed potatoes and stuffing at thanksgiving! Gravy of course. Smaller portions is how I'm going to try to keep loosing. Good Luck to all!!!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I'm avoiding any holiday parties and just removing myself from the situation whenever possible (like my kids are not going trick or treating, they're young and don't know the difference, so why bring the candy in the house where I can eat it lol).
    I'm not going to be baking and thankfully my family is pretty supportive of me trying to maintain a healthy weight (I'm pregnant) so they are pretty good about not bringing things in the house that I would have a hard time not eating.
    So for me, I'm avoiding the temptation as much as possible and making sure not to fall off the wagon beforehand, so that if I have one or two bad days, I don't feel like I ruined all my progress.