Coffee/caffeine

Options
2»

Replies

• KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Can caffeine slow down weight loss efforts?

ICONS-AROD1.gif

hAFCF94F4

20z2zpv.jpg
  • astange83
    astange83 Posts: 105
    Options
    I just started on regular coffee wires me until about 3pm which means I'm ta least fidgeting more which more movement equals more calories burned right? Its better than the sluggish I want to lie in bed all day feeling! As long as its in your calorie and nutrient requirements there is no issue. Unfortunately those full flavored Java Chip fraps had to go :(
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Only if you're getting your caffeine from energy drinks that are high in calories and added sugar or from fancy coffees at Starbucks or other cafes. If you drink black coffee or restrict the amount of cream and sugar you use, get your caffeine from teas, or drink sugar free energy drinks it absolutely will not slow down your efforts. Just don't drink it too late in the day and keep yourself up at night and make sure you're getting enough hydration as well.

Also:
    Although coffee can have some bad side effects (addiction, acid reflux, staining teeth, cancer, etc.), you can enjoy it's benefits in moderation.

False!
    For most types of cancer, coffee appears either to decrease risk of cancer, or to have no effect on cancer risk at all. Even in countries with very high intake of caffeine from coffee, such as Scandinavian countries, research does not support a link between coffee or caffeine and cancer risk.
    - http://www.oncologynutrition.org/erfc/hot-topics/caffeine-and-cancer/
  • Micbou1
    Micbou1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Not if you drink it light on cream an sugar. I love mine black :)
  • DavePFJ
    DavePFJ Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I drink mine black, with some artificial sweetener. If it's 5 star coffee I drink it black though.

And no, it hasn't effected performance at all. On the weekends I workout in the morning sometimes, which interferes with my coffee schedule. I try to stop drinking coffee at least an hour before my workout, and also limit my intake to 1-1.5 cups and I'm fine.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    no. I drink it all day everyday. its a great snack and headache helper for me.