Body cleansing

Options
13»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Yeah, your body can be "toxic" and need a "cleanse."
    There are lots of ways to go about it. But choose something that is gentle, not harsh. And not expensive or hard to conform to.

Please elaborate...

waiting.gif
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I had to check to see if you were in the same state I am. I have a chiropractor (who is great at fixing my back!) who also pushed nutritional supplements. I didn't buy. He took them, and thought if one pill was good, two or three would be better. His skin started to get a real distinct orange color. His MD told him he was getting too much vitamin A. Its interesting having a chiropractor who resembles an oompa loompa. However, the lesson here is do not take nutritional advice from a chiropractor. Its not his specialty.

Your body has its own cleansing system. They are your liver, kidneys and digestive tract. Eat plenty of nutritious food and drink plenty of water. Thats all you need. Good luck to you.
  • MissStatement
    MissStatement Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Our bodies are full of toxins from the food we eat that are full of pesticide, fungicides, herbicides, etc. to the environment around us that is full of toxins that we breathe in every day! Our bodies simply just cannot keep up with the amount of toxins we take into our bodies every day. I use isagenix products to increase my health and decrease my toxicity as they are organic and full of vitamins and nutrients and aid in weight loss as well. I cleanse for 2 days twice a month and have never felt better in my life! I am a firm believer in cleansing!

Please cite the peer-reviewed studies that demonstrated a reduction in any toxin stored in the body from the use of the product you are so obviously selling. We'll wait.
  • hannahlbur
    hannahlbur Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't have toxins to cleanse...that's what the liver and kidneys are for. if you're peeing and pooing like a champ, you're good.

Methinks he should stick to his own field...:/

This is what I say to anyone who utters the words "detox" or "cleanse" - you have organs for that. Except for the poop and pee bit - I am going to add that on now. :)
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    very slightly off topic.... But I Work in a health food store. I like to be healthy and nutrtious. I think certain vitamins, minerals, herbs have their beneficial uses.... But a LOT of what the other workers believe and do and tell others m mind want to explode.
    Like yesterday a man came in asking about body cleanses. We have a whole shelving section for cleanses. My co-worker, who is an awesome person BTW, is going on and on about cleanses and which to start with and which herbs cleanse which toxins, etc.

I keep thinking to myself...I have a working liver & digestive system and I sweat & pee... I think I've got the toxins under control.
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    OK... you win. How on earth would a supplement ( depending on what it is) not be natural. I take a spirulina supplement...totally natural. I take garlic...natural.

I think Chiropractors are awesome. I think nutritionist ( good ones) are awesome. I think you guys NEVER give good advice here and only belittle everyone eles's profession but your own. So please, continue. :) I'm totally good now!

Sorry for saying idiot...that was out of line.

Well then I'll try to give some good advice.

I am concerned by your suggestion that natural is always good: Apple pips and apricot kernels contain cyanide, which, if eaten in large enough quantities would kill you. Eating five uncooked red kidney beans could give you a severe reaction from the lectins within them that you could be vomiting for days and even go into a coma. Oxalic acid in raw rhubarb can cause a variety of nasty symptoms including nervous system damage. Just because it is natural doesn't mean it is safe, and particularly in the case of supplements you could end up consuming large amounts of compounds that you would never normally find in a diet. This is why nutritionists - the good ones - recommend eating a healthy diet and not popping pills.

Sounds like you've got nutritionist trust issues, so I hope you have more positive experiences in future.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    Our bodies are full of toxins from the food we eat that are full of pesticide, fungicides, herbicides, etc. to the environment around us that is full of toxins that we breathe in every day! Our bodies simply just cannot keep up with the amount of toxins we take into our bodies every day. I use isagenix products to increase my health and decrease my toxicity as they are organic and full of vitamins and nutrients and aid in weight loss as well. I cleanse for 2 days twice a month and have never felt better in my life! I am a firm believer in cleansing!
    What's ironic about this is Isagenix is a PROCESSED product with no regulation. Raw materials more than likely come from China since Isagenix is produced by a 3rd party manufacturer. What does that mean? It means that with no regulation on purity, ANYTHING could be in that product. Anecdotes aren't evidence, but people will insist that products like this work. Full of toxins? Realize a toxin is poison, which means we should be dead or dying. And supplements don't detox anything. They are ingested and digested and whatever nutrients in them are absorbed......................just like food.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    2lnxnj6.jpg
    5obmog.jpg
    Yes, everyday!

Where's the soap?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    What's ironic about this is Isagenix is a PROCESSED product with no regulation. Raw materials more than likely come from China since Isagenix is produced by a 3rd party manufacturer. What does that mean? It means that with no regulation on purity, ANYTHING could be in that product. Anecdotes aren't evidence, but people will insist that products like this work. Full of toxins? Realize a toxin is poison, which means we should be dead or dying. And supplements don't detox anything. They are ingested and digested and whatever nutrients in them are absorbed......................just like food.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

BarneyStinsonMindExplosionGif.gif
  • selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    nawh, your body is way too intelligent to hold onto "toxins" I mean, wtf does that even mean?!

That said, mentally its quite nice to have a "cleanse". Feels like a fresh slate. I wouldn't do it because some guy who deals with backs says so, it just doesn't make any sense.
  • Smooch222
    Smooch222 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Not selling anything and I personally make no money from selling the products. Just saying that I believe in cleansing, have stated the product I use and how it benefits me.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I cleansed myself with some Boy Scout buffalo cheddar popcorn.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Not selling anything and I personally make no money from selling the products. Just saying that I believe in cleansing, have stated the product I use and how it benefits me.
    No. How you THINK it benefits you. Big difference.
    Name one toxin it removes for you.
    The posters up thread are still waiting ahead of me....
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

And who is saying our body's can't keep up? Yeah, there are some obvious toxins (erm...poisons) that can build up in our bodies. For instance, if we eat lead paint or paint it on our faces, it will be absorbed and will lead to toxicity. Are you by chance actually taking chelation therapy that is being touted as a 'toxin cleanse'? Other than a few heavy metals, there isn't much our body's can't flush out all on their own. I'd love to know the toxins you think you have that are being decreased with 'organic cleanses'.

BTW, washing your fruits and vegetables with soap (there it is!) will remove any pesticide, fungicides, and herbicides. I certainly hope you are at least doing that!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

And who is saying our body's can't keep up? Yeah, there are some obvious toxins (erm...poisons) that can build up in our bodies. For instance, if we eat lead paint or paint it on our faces, it will be absorbed and will lead to toxicity. Are you buy chance actually taking chelation therapy that is being touted as a 'toxin cleanse'? Other than a few heavy metals, there isn't much our body's can't flush out all on their own. I'd love to know the toxins you think you have that are being decreased with 'organic cleanses'.

BTW, washing your fruits and vegetables with soap (there it is!) will remove any pesticide, fungicides, and herbicides. I certainly hope you are at least doing that!

QFT.
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't have toxins to cleanse...that's what the liver and kidneys are for. if you're peeing and pooing like a champ, you're good.

Methinks he should stick to his own field...:/

This is what I say to anyone who utters the words "detox" or "cleanse" - you have organs for that. Except for the poop and pee bit - I am going to add that on now. :)

:D
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I like a moisturizing body wash and a loufa, pesonally.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell is excellent for cleansing toxins.
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 477 Member
    Options

And who is saying our body's can't keep up? Yeah, there are some obvious toxins (erm...poisons) that can build up in our bodies. For instance, if we eat lead paint or paint it on our faces, it will be absorbed and will lead to toxicity. Are you by chance actually taking chelation therapy that is being touted as a 'toxin cleanse'? Other than a few heavy metals, there isn't much our body's can't flush out all on their own. I'd love to know the toxins you think you have that are being decreased with 'organic cleanses'.

People keep thinking that 'organic' means that nothing is used on the produce. They fail to realize that pesticides are still used, they just happen to be 'natural'. They're still killing the bugs though so they ain't any safer than chemical pesticides.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options

People keep thinking that 'organic' means that nothing is used on the produce. They fail to realize that pesticides are still used, they just happen to be 'natural'. They're still killing the bugs though so they ain't any safer than chemical pesticides.

I have my organics list right here. We use the following in the vineyards: Copperoxychloride, sulphur, potassium bicarbonate, sodium bicarbonate, hydrogen peroxide, kaolin clay, spinosads, pheromones, pyrethrins, potassium salts, insecticidal soap, & citric acid.

That's just the short list of approved sprays.