i still feel i didnt lose much...

Options
OK here we go...

i always been a heavy eater, since i remember i was big, heavy, with an annoying chubby face lol, till this year when i decided i should do something about it, i started dieting and with the help of my job (aluminum smelter worker, hammers, physical work, heat, etc...) i started losing weight, i was 260 lbs (118 kgs) and now i am 215 lbs (97.5 kgs).
i think i started around 7 months ago. i followed the 5 meals a day diet, watched my calorie intake and took some tips from the blood type diet.

well so far so good but.... i still feel i didnt lose much, i mean i still look at myself in the mirror and feel the same. yeah i dropped some belt sizes and threw out some old t shirts that are too big for me now. but the scale says 50 pounds! is this the result of 50 pounds loss?! frankly i feel i just lost 10 pounds and with the weight process is getting harder and harder i am getting frustrated :(
here are the before and after pix, any thoughts?!

before

3b59ff82-4c61-458e-a5ed-d5bcd1e9c3d4_zpse2ecc716.jpg

after

0c3c112a-cea8-41ef-8444-2a144587c8e3_zps5d228cbc.jpg

Replies

• SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    You look great! You can really notice a difference. I know that people say they don't see a change in themselves, but you look super.
    Try not to think about what you used to look like and move forward. Keep up the hard work!
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Great job!! :)
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I can see a huge difference, especially in your face! Sometimes it takes the brain a little longer to catch up to what the mirror is showing us. But you've done a great job, don't belittle yourself!
  • ekaustin7
    ekaustin7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You can definitely tell a difference, you look so much thinner now. But I know how you feel. I lost 42 pounds and feel like I only lost about 10. But I always remind myself of the size pants I used to wear and the size I wear now, and that makes me realize that those 42 pounds did indeed make a huge difference.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we find it hard to see the difference in ourselves, especially when you have a lot to lose, but I bet you others have noticed. I still don't think I look any different, yet every time I go to see my Mum she is flabbergasted.

Stop criticizing yourself, you have come a huge way and you should be proud.
  • ivyana25
    Options
    you look slimmer and younger... keep up the great work...
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    I have the same problem. I'm down 45-50 depending on the day, and still look in the mirror and see the same lazy slob I was before. Good work man, you look good.
  • Nephy07
    Nephy07 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    There is a big difference, specially in your face, you look so much slimmer, healthier and younger, congratulations on your progress :)
  • pattycakes80
    pattycakes80 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    you look great! i noticed a huge change.

and you look chic as hell. :)
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me? You're smokin' hot with your new self. It's very apparent you've lost quite a bit of weight. You look fantastic! Love your style, too!

Top pic: tech support dude. Bottom pic: Hot sexy dude who just stepped out of very expensive car and probably smells great, too. LOL
  • leesaandshane
    leesaandshane Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel exactly the same way, and I have had a 45lb loss. Even when those around me say how great I am looking I just don't see it..
    You look AWESOME! Keep it up!
  • smallbutcurvy
    Options
    You've slimmed down loads! well done!
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    You look great! You can really see it in the face. However, I've got a weak spot for handsome men in dress shirts, so that might be affecting my judgement :wink:

Sometimes you just have to focus on certain things and watch them disappear, to prove that you're losing weight. I've been taking minimal-clothing photos that only I will see, so I can spot those differences in each part as time goes on. It's really helped to see the results side by side, because my brain doesn't see any change in my body.
  • pltjess
    pltjess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    There's definitely a very noticeable difference with your photos! You look much younger and slimmer in your after photo, not to mention handsome!
  • merecard
    merecard Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    WOW - Congrats! 50 pounds that is Amazing!
    You look, slimmer, trimmer and younger!!!!

Dude - You GOT THIS! You are doing AWESOME! Keep up the fantastic work!!
    :glasses:

If you are getting frustrated with the scale - and you shouldn't be - you are doing great! But make sure that you are tracking your measurements. WHOLE body measurements. I mean Ankle, Calf, Knee, Thigh, hips, butt, waist, chest, neck, lower arm, upper arm. That will make you smile again! It's fun to see it melt off!
    Looking good - Keep up the great work!
  • Angila
    Angila Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Oh you look so awesome!!! Good job!!!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    You can really see it!!
    With all that physical labor you are probably converting some fat into muscle. Which means inches lost rather then pounds. Which is what you want to happen!!

I can understand where you are coming from though. i still don't feel skinny despite having lost as much as I have. I know i'm way smaller, since even my new clothes are loose now.. but i don't feel it. So I understand that feeling.

I think we cant' really see it in ourselves because we know what it took to get here and what it will take to get where we want to be. It's daunting and we aren't there yet, so we see the fat lazy slob we were instead of the thinner, stronger, healthier, more active person we are now.. But know that it's working! you look awesome! and you can see the difference!!

Awesome job my friend!
  • FrankieBenjamin
    FrankieBenjamin Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    perhaps...You have been looking in the mirror everyday for 7 months looking for changes and slowly they have happened, perhaps you dont see a difference as its happened over time. I echo a lot of comments above and can totally see a difference - definitely 50 pounds lighter. You also look more confident in yourself. Don't be disheartened at all, you look great, keep up your new healthy lifestyle :0)
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i have lost the first 20 pounds and that is 1/4 of my weight loss.
    And no one has noticed but still it means a lot to me.
    And i know the next 20 pounds will make a lot of difference.
    :smile:
    Just feel like if your weight had increased more than this rather than what it is now.
  • phoebejeeby
    phoebejeeby Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i know the feeling...but whether you feel like it, to everyone else you look much younger and like a totally different person. (family members see changes gradually so they get used to you as you change...just like you do.) Dig up some old photos of yourself and imagine being that guy again. Always helps encourage me when I see old photos of myself.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!