Greek yogurt. Inhibits weight loss?

Options

Replies

• GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    If you can tolerate dairy, I don't see a problem. Many people are lactose intolerant or (like me) have an allergy to casein or other components of milk. There's also some people that believe milk is generally not something humans are meant to consume. But again, if you don't have a problem with it and it actually helps your diet, eat as much Greek yogurt as you want.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    From what you've said about the contents of this article, it sounds as though this woman (so called "nutritionist") wants to scare everyone into being vegan ...
    Bingo!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    If you have never had a problem with lactose intolerance before, you won't have a problem with it now that you are trying to lose weight.

There is a conspiracy theory out there that milk is bad for health, but there has been no science to back up that theory (aside from allergies).
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    No!

Just to clarify, I've eaten greek yogurt everyday for at least a year now. Have not stalled once.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Idiots inhibit weight loss. Nothing else.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    images-1_zps87399934.jpeg
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I stopped reading at "Hollywood".

You stole my post.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

I read an article by a Hollywood nutritionist (Kimberly Snyder)

You should have stopped reading as soon as you saw that.
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Serious?? Youre kidding me right...hahahaha jokes on you. Get my heart rate up as a little chuckle. Serious...serious???

California has no licensure requirements for nutritionists. ANYONE can claim to have extensive knowledge in Cali and say it's little green men making you fat. A little greek yogurt, which by the way the fermentation in yogurt making breaks down lactose, does not stall weight loss. Oy vey. I wonder how much she makes a year?

^^^THIS^^^

I was just about to say the thing about fermentation because, well, I'm lactose intolerant and I eat yogurt to relieve symptoms if I have milk or something! I can eat a tub of Fage with no issues. But you give me even HALF A CUP of whole milk and I will be shaking, sweating, bloating, and sitting on the thrown with the flames of Hell in my guts! It's not pretty. I accidentally ate whole milk Ricotta the other day and thought I was going to DIE. Thankfully just a bit of yogurt and within a couple of hours, I'm feeling so much better. BTW, before joining MFP, I lost 50lbs. and I enjoy my Greeky goodness almost daily. I'm on to my last 35ish pounds and I have NO intention of giving it up! NONE! I'd ignore that whack job and keep moving. More than likely if you are at the last few pounds, you just need to give it time and tweaks.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    lol
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Just to let you know I'm just tucking into my breakfast...a big bowl of Fage 0% Greek yogurt!

By the way, that article was in the UK edition of Marie Claire.
  • Klarini
    Klarini Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That article is nonsense because lactose content of greek yogurt (or any other fermented dairy product for that matter) is way lower than what you would find in milk.
    For that reason lactose intolerant people can drink yogurt and peds actually advise parents to introduce yogurt into baby's diet before cows milk as it is much easier digestable by their GI system.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    eddiemurphyyesnodapprov-1.gif

LMAO.

Yeah clearly it has inhibited my weight loss, and I have it once a day at least.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    <~~ Currently shoveling greek yogurt into her face.. mmmmmmm
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options

Hah. Love this.

But you can't blame our OP. She's from across the pond.
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I used to eat like 5 yogurts a day and I lost my weight... people need educations.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Just to let you know I'm just tucking into my breakfast...a big bowl of Fage 0% Greek yogurt!

By the way, that article was in the UK edition of Marie Claire.

Good girl!

There are no magic beans in fitness. It's not flashy, but the same things that worked 50 years ago still work today. The only things that are really changing are minor factors, like nutrient timing. So eat all the greek yogurt you want. It's a creamy little tub of protein in the grand scheme of things. Nothing more, nothing less.

v
    I have a 3-5 Chobani a week habit and I'm doing alright for myself.
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options

Hah. Love this.

But you can't blame our OP. She's from across the pond.

Exactly why I don't understand **** from your lot!
  • Congratulations on your superb weight loss! Could you please let me know what your diet plan was? I would love to do this. Thanks. K
  • carolinaskies
    carolinaskies Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is sooooo untrue. I eat Fage Greek Yogurt 0% with unsweetened raspberries daily and noticed I lose weight daily. Once I ate it all day and woke up to a 2lbs loss. On my way to the fridge to have another bowl. I sweeten mine with Nustevia...delish