2 ingredient most delicious, healthy pancakes! GF & PALEO!

Options
MizStephanie
MizStephanie Posts: 51 Member
Okay guys, this recipe is so easy....your child could do it. All you need is TWO ingredients....and omg they are delicious (gluten-free & pale too!)

Ingredients:

* 2 eggs
* 1 ripe banana
* 1 tsp coconut oil (or butter, olive oil or other nonstick cooking spray)

Directions:

Peel banana and put it into a mug or small bowl.
Mash the banana with a fork until it has achieved a fairly smooth gooey consistency.
Crack and stir in the eggs and make sure the whole mixture is blended and smooth without any large banana chunks. This is your pancake batter!
Heat a griddle or non-stick pan on medium heat.
Grease griddle with coconut oil, butter, olive oil or nonstick cooking spray.
Pour the batter onto the griddle in small pancake circles, the size of silver dollars. After approximately one minute of cooking, flip your pancakes.
Enjoy them plain, or add a small drizzle of pure maple syrup, honey or agave nectar.

Nutrition

Calories: 285 calories
Fat: 15 grams
Carbs: 27 grams
Protein: 13 grams
Fiber: 3 grams

Photo of what they look like:

http://photos2.demandstudios.com/DM-Resize/www.livestrong.com/ls_images/recipes/00000/65/85/o/paleo-gluten-free-banana-pancakes-15856.jpg?w=280&h=280&keep_ratio=1

Enjoy & please share your thoughts! :)

Replies

• FitMolly182
    FitMolly182 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I have had these before. Sadly, not enjoyable.
  • CarmenNeitz
    CarmenNeitz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I will have to try this because I love pancakes. I usually have to splurge on them sooner or later after weeks of going without them. This is a great alternative. Thanks for sharing, Carmen
  • MizStephanie
    Options
    I just made them, and they were sooo good! The banana makes the flavor delicious.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    That's not a pancake - it's banana omelette. Nice try though.
  • MizStephanie
    Options
    really?? I guess we all have different palates. I thought they were so good...a little hard to flip...but nonetheless the banana really gave it a sweet taste.
  • MizStephanie
    Options

okay...
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Where's the pancake?? :laugh:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

This!! ^^
  • CarmenNeitz
    Options
    Here is another recipe I have for pancakes, but I have not tried them yet called Skinny pancakes.

Skinny Pancakes

Serves One

What you'll need:

2 egg whites

1/2 cup uncooked gluten-free oats

1/2 banana

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

A dash of cinnamon

How to make them:

Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend for 15-20 seconds or until mixed.
    Spray hot griddle with non-fat cooking spray
    Pour batter onto griddle and cook until edges are golden brown. This should make about 3 small pancakes.
    Top with spray butter (if desired) and all natural syrup or agave nectar.
    Enjoy!

What's in them:

In one serving (3 small pancakes) - 246 calories, 2.9 g fat, 41.6 g carbohydrate, 13.1 g fat (I'm thinking this should have been "protein". I got this recipe from: heidipowell.net/2465/skinny-pancakes/
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to avoid gluten for a while to see if it makes a difference in my Hashimotos disease. Some doctors say it does others say it doesn't. Much like everything else to do with Hashimotos, you have to figure it out for yourself. So I'm looking for gluten free things to try. Thanks for braving the snarky comments to put it out there. I'll try it.
  • MizStephanie
    Options
    I'm trying to avoid gluten for a while to see if it makes a difference in my Hashimotos disease. Some doctors say it does others say it doesn't. Much like everything else to do with Hashimotos, you have to figure it out for yourself. So I'm looking for gluten free things to try. Thanks for braving the snarky comments to put it out there. I'll try it.

Thank you! People here are so rude. I didn't ask for your opinions on whether or not you agree with the recipe I posted.... I asked what you thought of the taste! If you have nothing nice to say...don't say it all. Always need to make snarky comments...sad people!
  • CarmenNeitz
    Options
    P.S. So it is a banana omelette. I'll still give it a try. I need something different for breakfast. Thanks again! :wink:
  • boxem180
    boxem180 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I use the same recipe but add 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I use Isopure Low Carb). I think it helps with the texture quite a bit.
  • MizStephanie
    Options
    Thanks guys! great suggestions :)
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    if your careful with it and take your time, its a pancake,

if you just try to rush it, its a destroyed mess that might resemble an omlette lol.

they are very delicate when flipping.

i don't like them without blue berries. sometimes put cinamon in too.

Also, if you believe in optimal post exercise nutrition, this is really good, basically 3:1 carb to protein ratio and low fat.
  • glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I make this "banana omlette" for lunch all the time! I love it. My recipe is 1 banana/1egg. I also add some cinnamon and nutmeg to the batter and sprinkle half an oz of chopped walnuts over it after I pour it into the pan. I cook it on very low heat. Before flipping (which is hard to do in one piece) I cut the pancake into quarters and then flip each quarter. I spread each quarter with a small bit of fruit jam and a dab of plain greek yogurt. YUM! I had this for lunch yesterday. Calories are a little over 300/pancake with toppings.
  • mikeykhan2003
    Options
    Okay guys, this recipe is so easy....your child could do it. All you need is TWO ingredients....and omg they are delicious (gluten-free & pale too!)

Ingredients:

* 2 eggs
    * 1 ripe banana
    * 1 tsp coconut oil (or butter, olive oil or other nonstick cooking spray)

Is anyone else totally thrown off because there's three items under ingredients?

Just me? Okay, carry on.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    i've been doing atkins recently. i make home made whip cream and put a scoop of my vinella protein powder... love it!
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options

Thank you! People here are so rude. I didn't ask for your opinions on whether or not you agree with the recipe I posted.... I asked what you thought of the taste! If you have nothing nice to say...don't say it all. Always need to make snarky comments...sad people!

I don't think people are trying to be rude. It's just the fact that this recipe has been on the website about a 100 times (give or take)...
    Some people like it and some people don't.