Little Changes, Positive Impact - Share Yours?

Options
duckiec
duckiec Posts: 241 Member
Sometimes small changes can add up! I know I've made some small, simple changes in recipes and food choices that have probably saved 1000s of calories, and are usually better for my macros. Here are a couple of mine- looking for ideas!

- Swap sour cream for whipped cottage cheese. More protein, and on top of a salad or in a wrap, can barely tell the difference.
- Almond milk, not cows, in protein shakes and tea/coffee, usually. Cows milk now seems like a treat.
- Sandwiches have become salads. I rarely get sandwiches, instead i just get the protein and toppings on a bed of lettuce instead.
- Sugar free syrups for flavoring - coffee, protein shakes, @ Starbucks, plain greek yogurt, etc. I don't care too much about the chemicals, honestly, the calorie savings makes it worth it, and there are lots of flavors out there.
- Frozen blueberries instead of granola in greek yougurt. Still a bit of crunch (though it's not the same, no).

Love to hear more!

Replies

• foxymags
    foxymags Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Lettuce wraps rather than regular wraps (add grilled chicken breast, veggies...yum)
  • alicecorsiatto
    alicecorsiatto Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Making Tacos with ground turkey - or spaghetti with ground turkey and spaghetti squash instead of beef and noodles. I like it just as much with the right seasonings.
    Also using almond milk for smoothies.
    Baking home made sweet potato fries instead of regular salty McCain fries.
    Having broccoli/cauliflower as a staple side dish instead of rice all the time.
    Count out the serving size of baked cracker chips instead of a bag of lays. - Just counting out the serving size suggestion in everything has helped a great deal instead of grabbing random handfuls.
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    My husband had not so good blood work done last month and a bmi in the overweight category. He has since lost over 10lbs in October just by switching to diet soda from regular, drinking more water (he wasn't drinking any and now drinks 3 glasses a day), not getting his daily fast food lunches large sized anymore and then cutting out his nightly plate of chipsn cheese. He hasn't counted a calorie! He's now 5lbs away from his goal and I'm hoping the losses have helped his blood numbers.