Name Two Foods You Would Not Be Caught Eating EVER!!!

Options

Replies

• alphabull
    alphabull Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Tripe and haggis!
  • SashleyA
    SashleyA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Unhatched duck eggs with fairly well formed ducks (they're popular in parts of Asia, I saw them in Vietnam). That is my food line in the sand.

Ketchup. I can't even handle the smell of it.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    jello and escargot
  • RunBrew
    RunBrew Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I can think of some ways to prepare food that render them inedible for me. Like boiling brussel sprouts. Sauteed, hell yes. Boiled, no.

But to just write off an entire food? That's crazy talk.

There is not a single food on this planet I can categorically say 'under no circumstances' to.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Tako (raw octopus, I think that is what it is called.) I would eat cooked octopus. But I would prefer to NEVER eat it raw ever again. I couldn't even swallow it.

Other than that...I'll eat just about anything. or try anything at least. There are several things that I want to add to the "I would try them once but I'm sure I won't like them" list.
    Kidneys (because..eeew. their job.)
    Sea Urchin (creamy salty fish taste? Um...NO.)
  • elainek79
    elainek79 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    lots of people here have said they would never eat blood pudding but honestly Irish black Pudding especially Clonakility or Kellys black pudding id ridiculously delicious!!!!:love:

Especially black pudding salad with Loads of rocket leaves toasted walnuts cherry Tomatoes and apple... Heaven!!

or if you stuff a chicken breast with black pudding and wrap it in bacon!!!

I feel like the Irish Black Pudding tourist board!!:blushing: :blushing:
  • hungrypotato
    hungrypotato Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Veggie burger, tofu
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    Twinkies (ECK) and Menudo
  • BobSleeved
    BobSleeved Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Liver and chicken feet
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Unhatched duck eggs with fairly well formed ducks (they're popular in parts of Asia, I saw them in Vietnam). That is my food line in the sand.

Ketchup. I can't even handle the smell of it.

I could eat ketchup straight out the bottle for dinner by itself LOL!
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Mine are beets and peas. NEVER!!!

But those are good for you lol. I thought you was going to post some fatty foods that you wouldn't eat but you posted veggies. pickled beets are good or vingerette and peas with butter...not bad.

Peas are gross, the texture is mushy and yucky and just gross. Beet are the most yuckiest, grossest tasting vegetable ever!!! My mom use to make me eat them before I could have dessert. The only problem was that she would leave the room. That gave me just enough time to wrap them up in a paper towel and place them at the bottom of the trash can!
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Durian and insects.

I love Durian. I always ask my friends when travelling to pick me up some. A few years ago I planned my entire vacation to travel to go eat durians. yummm!

I can get it fresh at my local Asian grocery store. I tried it. Once. I think it took a week to air out my house!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Okra or headcheese. Blech!
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    lots of people here have said they would never eat blood pudding but honestly Irish black Pudding especially Clonakility or Kellys black pudding id ridiculously delicious!!!!:love:

Especially black pudding salad with Loads of rocket leaves toasted walnuts cherry Tomatoes and apple... Heaven!!

or if you stuff a chicken breast with black pudding and wrap it in bacon!!!

I feel like the Irish Black Pudding tourist board!!:blushing: :blushing:

I haven't been able to find it anywhere around here and I'd LOVE to try black pudding!
  • ohyaynj
    ohyaynj Posts: 21
    Options
    milk (just straight) and oysters
  • 3azeema
    3azeema Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sheep belly - just disgusting, the smell lingers for days, I do NOT recommend trying this!!

Bacon/Pork - Religious reasons
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Okra and raw oysters. I hate slimy stuff.
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    Tripe. Haggis.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Sardines and anchovies
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese (don't think i've ever tasted it, but it doesn't look or sound good)
    sour cream