Baby Number Two

Options
Some advice from the mothers of two or more children...I have nine pounds to lose before I'm at my goal weight (I'm 5'7 & 149 lbs.). Should I reach my goal weight before I get pregnant a second time or should I just get pregnant now and lose everything afterwards?

Replies

• ChelseaAClanton89
    ChelseaAClanton89 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MommyisFit
    MommyisFit Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am currently pregnant with #3. I had 5lbs to get to my goal weight when I found out I was pregnant. Surprise! lol 9lbs isn't a ton. I wouldn't delay it just to lost that little amount. Just make sure to gain a reasonable amount during pregnancy. I personally think it is way easier to lose weight when breastfeeding. The fat seems to melt off!
  • Jennnifit
    Jennnifit Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    For me, as I have been trying to get pregnant with baby #3 for over a year - my goal was to lose it all before getting pregnant. I did feel the need to get as far ahead as possible so that I would have "less" to work with during and after pregnancy. That's pretty much been my personal train of thought on that. I did lose it all. . .now I just need that baby. :-\ But if you guys are actively trying before losing the last 9 lbs and you get pregs anyway - 1. That would be incredibly exciting, regardless of how much you have left to lose. And 2. You can still maintain good eating habits and fitness during the pregnancy. Luckily, you've already created yourself a great foundation for a healthy and active pregnancy. :)
  • Jessica1173
    Jessica1173 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Some advice from the mothers of two or more children...I have nine pounds to lose before I'm at my goal weight (I'm 5'7 & 149 lbs.). Should I reach my goal weight before I get pregnant a second time or should I just get pregnant now and lose everything afterwards?

You are in a healthy weight range. 9 lbs. won't make much of a difference. I think you should just start trying if you want to have a baby.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I'm on # 4 with all of mine I was back to pre pg weight before the next one, but not because I was trying to do it that way, that's just how it happened. I don't think you should consider 9 pounds a deal breaker.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    So, I gained 25lbs during my first two pregnancies. I lost it each time, but after the 2nd I lost an EXTRA 20lbs. Yeah, then I got pregnant and gained 45lbs the third time, ending at the exact same max weight.

Get pregnant whenever you want. But there's no harm in continuing to try to lose while trying to get pregnant, just obviously stop when you do.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

You are in a healthy weight range. 9 lbs. won't make much of a difference. I think you should just start trying if you want to have a baby.

this
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I'm currently pregnant with number 4, and I still had at least 50 pounds to lose before I got pregnant, but I didn't quit what I was doing, I still worked out, and I still do at 8 1/2 months pregnant, and intend to do so until I have the baby that includes lifting and all strength training I was doing before. This pregnancy was my only one that was a "surprise" but I'm glad I did get pregnant before I lost all the weight, it pushed me even more to make sure to take care of my body, workout, and eat right so I wouldn't gain a lot of weight, and still gain muscle which I have still done.
  • vanryswicksl
    vanryswicksl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was above my goal weight when I got pregnant with both of mine. If you are ready to try then go for it, just continue to exercise and eat right and you may lose the weight or find out that you get pregnant before you reach your goal. Somehow as soon as we decided not to use birth control and I actuallly started to exercise and eat right I got pregnant almost immediately. Good luck no matter what you choose.:smile: