Day 1 of C25k -- Anyone?

Options
I started the Couch to 5k program on my treadmill today for the very first time! Just curious if anyone else out there in MFPland has also just started or is about to start the program? I thought it'd be nice to have someone doing it about the same time so we could help keep each other on track and motivated and encouraged!

I am so far from being a 'runner' it's not even funny, so I think anyone can try this!

My stats ---

I'm just over 200 pounds.
I'll be 30 years old in 6 weeks.
I'm 5'3".
I'm married and have 3 kiddos.
I live on the West coast.

=)

Let's be friends!

Replies

• tinamariecleg
    tinamariecleg Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I did it last year and really liked it. I'll do it with you :) Feel free to add me
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the running world! Come join us in the C25K group! Lots of support there.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the running world! Come join us in the C25K group! Lots of support there.

This.
    Welcome to running. The C25K group is wonderful for support for every step you take. Come on and join us.
  • fullersun50
    Options
    I'm starting at 5am tomorrow!
  • pandamom15
    pandamom15 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How do you get started?
    I don't have a treadmill but I have a stationary bike.........could I use that? I think it's still in the same place.........haven't used it for a long time!
  • JenniAnn2012
    JenniAnn2012 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd like to start too. Can you add me to your group?
  • tinsterishere
    Options
    I just started yesterday!
    well, I am not in a good shape, so I head to repeat day 1 today again, and still had hard time to pull through all the way...
  • missrissy77
    missrissy77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How are you finding it? I have just downloaded the app but am yet to begin. I have been really sporty in the past but never a "runner". Its my aim to change that!
  • fullersun50
    Options
    How do you get started?
    I don't have a treadmill but I have a stationary bike.........could I use that? I think it's still in the same place.........haven't used it for a long time!

It's a jogging program that builds up to running a 5K in 9 weeks. There are apps available if you have a smartphone or you can check out the training plan at coolrunning.com.
    I'd recommend just jogging outside if possible. You could do intervals on a bike, but it wouldn't be the same.
  • Athena42006
    Athena42006 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I restarted this morning! My achilles never lets me get past week 5 :(
  • dedicationandcommitment
    Options
    I'm actually starting tomorrow!! A little nervous but we should do this together but I'm actually doing the c210k but it's the same thing!!! Good luck to everyone doing this:)

I'm 20...I'll be 21 in 5 months

WELL OVER 200 pounds

No kiddos or guy in my life

Full time college student&world's laziest person but I'm determined to do this!!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    I think this sounds GREAT. And if I didn't have a broken leg, I would try this with you. Wishing you success.
  • liv0512
    liv0512 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You can see Im outta touch with things lol and Im only 30 yrs old. I didn't know there were such things all I have been doing is walking to the beach and along it and then coming home. I dont own a treadmill so this is the only way I can get moving.

Wish you all the best with it
  • Reeen87
    Reeen87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I tried this last year, but really struggled to get through day 1, so I gave up and blamed it on my asthma... Have only just started walking again, but am hoping to give it another go!
  • lhawke316
    Options
    I just started Day 1 of C25K yesterday. Add me I'll do it with you! I'm 28 Live in the midwest and am over 200+lbs really trying to get back into shape.
  • besdais
    besdais Posts: 76 Member
    Options

Where is this group? I'm considering starting, and can use all the help I can get!
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options

Where is this group? I'm considering starting, and can use all the help I can get!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k
  • cavanerwifey
    cavanerwifey Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies and friend requests! I just finished my Week 1 Day 2. I think there are a few difference pod casts online. I might change them up as I go, but for now I've used http://www.c25k.com/podcasts.htm.

Does anyone suggest any others?

Also, how active are the groups on here? It seems like when I looked at them, a lot of the forums had replies 'months ago'...I think I'd rather find a few close friends that are currently doing it, but I'll look into the running groups again and see. Do you, anyone, suggest one group over another. Biases welcome :) I saw one with over 7,000 members and others with as few as 40.
  • cavanerwifey
    Options
    I'm actually starting tomorrow!! A little nervous but we should do this together but I'm actually doing the c210k but it's the same thing!!! Good luck to everyone doing this:)

I'm 20...I'll be 21 in 5 months

WELL OVER 200 pounds

No kiddos or guy in my life

Full time college student&world's laziest person but I'm determined to do this!!

How did day one go for you yesterday?! :):) Add me and we'll start being less lazy together :)
  • cavanerwifey
    Options
    I restarted this morning! My achilles never lets me get past week 5 :(

Have you done day two yet? I'm terrified to look at the intervals for week 5 and beyond...I'm just focusing on week one for now! :) I'll send you a friend request! I'd love to have a group of friends doing this together. :happy: