Options
    Please post the recipe for the riced cauliflower pizza as I misplaced mine
    Than you
  • ohng57
    ohng57 Posts: 1
    Options

I plan on trying this this week.

YUM!
    Cauliflower Breadsticks! Hardly any calories for the whole pan!

•1 large head of cauliflower
    •2 cloves garlic, grated or minced
    •2 large eggs, lightly beaten
    •4 oz low fat mozzarella cheese
    •1/2 teaspoon onion powder
    •salt
    •pepper

•Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
    •Chop the cauliflower into chunks and place into microwave for about 5 minutes or until soft
    •Place the cauliflower into a food processor and blend until it's a mashed potato texture
    •In a medium bowl, stir together cauliflower, eggs,cheese, and seasonings
    •Lightly spray a baking pan with spray oil and coat with the mixture (about 1/2 inch thick)
    •Bake at 450 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the top starts to brown
    •Add additional cheese to the top and enjoy!
    Found at Fitness Forever
    Share to your profile so you don't lose it!
    >>>>For motivation for healthy living come join us at >>>
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/HealthyandFitForLifeAccountabilityGroup
  • aablacknell
    aablacknell Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy....Thanks....Bump
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    When you make the rice do you cook it first and then put in the food processor or do the reverse? Just wondering?
    I usually rice a couple of heads of cauliflower at a time. I then portion out 1 cup servings and freeze them.
    Since they are already portioned out and take no time at all to thaw, it is easy to pop some in a pan for myself on the nights my family has rice as a side dish.
  • ktully93
    ktully93 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Bump for later .
  • jennjychung
    jennjychung Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had cauliflower rice for dinner today :) I ate mine with an egg (with the yolk still runny) and a little bit of soy sauce. I also added some crumbled salted dried seaweed for more texture/flavor. It was actually really filling and the whole thing is only 140 calories!
  • jennjychung
    jennjychung Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I find that the fastest/easiest way to make cauliflower rice is to chop it up in little pieces and add to a big bowl. Add a small amount of water to the bowl (this will steam the cauliflower in the microwave). Microwave it until it is mushy (around 3-4 minutes). Drain out the water, and blend it in the food processor.
  • amonpas
    amonpas Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Try cauliflower crust pizza http;// www.eat-drink-smile/2011/04cauliflower-crust-pizza.htm
  • trackme
    trackme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    sounds great!
  • ClaireESchultz
    Options
    I like the burrito bowl idea, that would work well … yummy :-)

I find cauliflower rice works best as rice for curries more than substituting it for rice with a stir fry. I also really like to use it instead of couscous, its so good with Moroccan-type flavours.

Im trying a new recipe tonight so if its any good ill post it tomorrow :-)
    Much Love
    xoxo
  • ClaireESchultz
    Options
    I also should add that when i use it instead of couscous I cook it to s slightly drier consistency. xoxo
  • ClaireESchultz
    Options
    Can you pls send me a link to your recipe and blog?

Thanx
    Much Love
    xoxo
  • ClaireESchultz
    Options
    These 'muffins' sound awesome! thanx for sharing :-)
    Much Love
    xoxo
  • WOODWAYONE
    WOODWAYONE Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump:flowerforyou:
  • aablacknell
    Options
    bump
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    good ideas :) going to try the cauliflower mash
  • sticky130
    sticky130 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    We tried it a few different ways of cooking, the easiest & most successful was just blitzing it and then popping covered with cling film in the microwave with NO extra water for a few minutes. Cauliflower has a lot of it's own water and this way doesn't go mushy and you can serve straight from the bowl without draining. Anything for an easy life ! :)
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    I like to stir fry veggies,then add cauliflower rice that was heated in the microwave. Remove from heat,stir in diced green onion,shredded carrot,scrambled egg white,fine dice raw squash,some diced pepper....any color.Then oriental seasoning,whatever you like.A Tsp of sesame oil & garlic works for me.
  • Want2BeBetter
    Want2BeBetter Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have used the cauliflower rice in sushi rolls and found that while not the same as rice quite tasty.
  • aablacknell
    Options
    Tried last night and OMG was it great....got to find a sub for soy sauce to much sodium. If the sodium was not so high I would have finished off all three servings.