routine getting boring :(

Options
Hi! I've been doing practically the same for two weeks, now I'm getting bored with it.
Well here they are:

60-90 mins elliptical/amt
Seated dips - 100-200
Leg press- 150-340
Torso twist- 4reps of 25 each side
Upper back - 4reps of 25
Weights at 20lbs doing I don't know what it's called .
Squats - 50

I try to add more if I feel determined that day.

Anyone have any boost to pump up my routine please?

Replies

• imxnianne
    imxnianne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Anyone please?
  • mitchiemo
    mitchiemo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Are your figures weekly or per session? How long do you spend in the gym? If you're doing 60-90 mins per session on elliptical then no wonder you're bored. Try doing interval training and limit it to max of 40 mins. Also lift heavier and reduce the reps.

bodybuilding.com have some tailored plans, you could look there.

Ever tried a climbing gym?
  • kangaroo33
    kangaroo33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    mitchiemo had great points and suggestions, plus it depends on what your overall goal is. I'm guessing you might actually want to switch up your cardio choice, too...bike, elliptical, arc, tread...etc. Another thought, maybe you'd benefit from some type of class or video routine on alternating days. Some people find those more motivating and don't get bored as quickly.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    How often do you do this? And how long does it take you?? 60-90 min of elliptical would bore me to death. Can you do something different? Run outside, yoga, classes?
  • imxnianne
    imxnianne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    It's all in one session. I have no partner to go to classes. I'm pretty shy. And I do this at least 5x A week. Doing strength training seems cool, but i get tires easily with this. Like the actual weights. I don't want to be that bulky that's why. I want muscle to replace the fat, but sometimes to much muscle won't look good on me . I'm wierd sorry guys
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    You won't get bulky. Try another machine at least!
  • JaneGS93
    Options
    Muscle is needed to help burn fat. And unless you are doing routines like the body builders in competitions, you won't get super bulky. You'll get some visible muscle yes, but that all depends on how hard you go. I'd do talk to trainers about it at your gym if you have a chance, they know a lot more and might even be able to suggest things for you to do to change up your routine to be interesting and to stay to your personal goals.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    It's all in one session. I have no partner to go to classes. I'm pretty shy. And I do this at least 5x A week. Doing strength training seems cool, but i get tires easily with this. Like the actual weights. I don't want to be that bulky that's why. I want muscle to replace the fat, but sometimes to much muscle won't look good on me . I'm wierd sorry guys

You won't get bulky lifting weights. If you're eating at a deficit, you won't build muscle, you can only maintain it. Scroll through the success stories forum and look at some threads about women who lift.
  • mitchiemo
    mitchiemo Posts: 61 Member
    Options

I don't think its weird that you don't want to look "bulky" but that myth was blown out of the window a long time ago. Women can't build muscle as easy as men and consequently won't end up looking like a man. I think if you're getting tired it's a sign that your exercise is at the right intensity. You do know that you will continue to burn fat outside of the gym and even when you are sleeping, especially on a deficit. Crikey, 340 leg presses in one session, how do you not lose count? Do you add any weight at all? You might as well get back on the elliptical. I agree with what everyone else has said - and yes, ask someone at the gym - a good place will have a floating instructor to show you how to do stuff right and offer advice (included in your membership fees). If you are too shy then google - there's loads of help out there.