GYM WORKOUTS

Options
I need ideas or good routines for the gym before I get bored out of my mind! Do I just do cardio or do I do cardio and weights.....I need to burn fat, but also want to get cut.....whats does one do

I also need supports in this depeartment.....add me if you can be that someone!

Replies

• fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Yea what she said!
  • Kate814
    Kate814 Posts: 145
    Options
    Personally, I'm doing cardio two/three days a week and strength training between five and seven days a week, but I think it's best to do whatever you enjoy! I love lifting, so that's what I do- for a five workout week usually back and biceps one day, chest and triceps another, shoulders and abs, glutes and hamstrings, and quads and calves. If you were looking for something more specific, free to message me!
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight just lifting weights, if that's what you want to do. You burn less calories during the workout than cardio (assuming same level of effort and same amount of time), but (IIRC) more calories throughout the day.

I hate cardio machines. They bore me and I just refuse to do them. I use the gym only for weights.
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    The best workout is the one that you can stick to doing! You burn more calories by doing that then getting fed up and stopping. Try everything and see what you like.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you like to do!
    Generally it's best to find something you enjoy as it's more likely you stick with it in the long run.

If you're bored of cardio machines (I hear you girl they are horrid) but still want to stay in the cardio section of burning lots if calories, you could try classes.

If you rather want to shift the weight and get lean and strong, look into lifting free weights (and this I would recommend as it changes your body in ways you never would have imagined), have a look at starting strength, the new rules of lifting for women or Jamie eason's life fit for good beginners programmes
  • sheltap
    sheltap Posts: 10
    Options
    those are good ideas! I have looked at Jamie Easons programs before, I should really just try it and do it already! I did try a spin class the other day and Holy..... that was crazy!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Always lift. Cardio is optional. Go heavier on your compounds and then throw in a couple accessory lifts for each muscle group.
  • traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I started lifting a couple of months ago, and my body has changed so much in that time. I still have loads of fat to lose though... but its going.

I got myself a personal trainer to teach me correct form on the lifts, and he's been training me once a week for that couple of months... half the time we work on the big compound lifts, but now we are spending time doing small sets of accessory work. As each week is different with the accessory stuff, it gives me ideas on what to do when I'm not training with him)

My advice, FWIW, get yourself a trainer, even if its for a couple of weeks, to set you up a program and watch your form.
  • VetGirl13
    Options
    You could check out "New Rules of Lifting for Women", it totally changed my outlook and gym routines