13»

Replies

• unamoss
    unamoss Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Love a crisp apple
    100 calorie popcorn
    Chili chocolate by Lindt, 48 calories per square
    Special K Cracker chips (90 - 110 calories)
    Hummus, 60 calories for 2 tablespoons
    mini bell peppers
    laughing cow cheese, healthy alternative tortilla, tablespoon pasta sauce, 110 calories, tastes like a Hot Pocket
    90 calorie fiber one bars
    cottage cheese/fruit pack, 100 calories

Mine are pretty mainstream. I love the ideas everyone else has listed. Definitely going to mine the list for alternatives as I'm getting a little bit bored with mine! Thanks.
  • mhematia
    mhematia Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love the quest bars ... I just warm them up in the microwave and they serve as a tasty treat. I also really like PB2 with some veggies =)
    Will have to check out these Quest bars. PB2 and veggies? What veggies do you use and do you just sprinkle it? Or do you mix with water for a paste?

I make a watery paste, almost the consistency of Greek dressing and then use whatever veggies I have bought that week for meal preps; celery, carrots, radishes, broccoli and cauliflower are the main ones.
  • CaraRahl
    CaraRahl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have an (I think) awesome trail mix that I make up. In a large container add a half cup of each of the following: brazil nuts, whole almonds, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds (shelled), dried apple pieces, goji berries, golden berries, unsweetened flaked coconut, and (my favorite part) cacao nibs coated in dark chocolate. shake to mix, and serve in 1/4 cup portions. ATM I haven't got any golden berries (apparently they're a seasonal item at bulk barn) so I'm adding raisins instead. The hard part for me is keeping my serving size to 1/4C, I love it so much :S

Oh no, now I feel really inadequate! You keep this is a tub in the kitchen?? Does it tick??
    I'd have to move it to the next county. :smile:

yeah, it stays in a tub in my kitchen cupboard...I think that the high cost of buying everything on the ingredients list keeps me to my serving size...I was inspired by the Vega Thrive Forward website, they had a recipe for a superfood trail mix that I adapted and now use to reward all my workouts :)
  • chelkins16
    chelkins16 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    bump