low carb eating

Options
so i'm starting to cut bodyfat and i'm finding it hard to eat low amounts of carbs (abround 120-130 grams). Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on some low carb foods that would be good during a phase like this?

Replies

• thmgoodw
    Options
    so i'm starting to cut bodyfat and i'm finding it hard to eat low amounts of carbs (abround 120-130 grams). Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on some low carb foods that would be good during a phase like this?

Why not join the low carb or keto groups and check out people's food diaries? I am under 20 net carbs every day.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

From a quick look at your diary you could lose the cereal bars, rice cakes, fruit and breakfast cereal also eat the full fat versions of greek yoghurt not the low fat.

To eat low carb you have to eat more fat (and maybe protein) so your current choices aren't the best.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

why do you need to be low carb to lose bodyfat?
  • Lorix94
    Lorix94 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    As above. why LOW-CARB when you can have carbs and use them to workout hard !! and maybe put on some solid- good looking muscles??
  • Ralthor125
    Ralthor125 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    For some people, like me, even a balanced calorie restrictive diet won't cut body fat. I've been at it some time and even when upping the cardio and calories to try and find the balance to get back to losing body fat while maintaining muscle did not work. Going keto on a higher calorie diet proved the turning point. To each their own and if they want to give it a shot, more power to them. Everyone is different and some more so than others.

As for the science behind it, you can find enough information out there on the net that I don't need to put it all back in here. It works, that is all there is to it. Know your risks if you have medical conditions, but if you don't then why not give it a try?
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options

why do you need to be low carb to lose bodyfat?

I've been doing some research and the recommendation is to drop carbs while upping fat and protein intake
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - eggs, yoghurt or cottage cheese with berries, smoked fish or bacon.

Lunch - soup or salads

Dinner - proeting and veg.

Sancks - cheese, nuts, wasabi peas, roast broad beans, crab sticks.

Look at your diary yourself, see where the big carb hitters are, eat less of those.
  • thekyleo
    Options
    Breakfast - eggs, yoghurt or cottage cheese with berries, smoked fish or bacon.

Lunch - soup or salads

Dinner - proeting and veg.

Sancks - cheese, nuts, wasabi peas, roast broad beans, crab sticks.

Look at your diary yourself, see where the big carb hitters are, eat less of those.

yea, its going to take a bit to get adjust since I've just started. I might have to use this template for a meal plan, my biggest weakness I guess is fruit and plain rice cakes haha
  • thekyleo
    Options
    As above. why LOW-CARB when you can have carbs and use them to workout hard !! and maybe put on some solid- good looking muscles??

don't get me wrong, I love carbs, but I want to shed some of the body fat so I can show the muscle that I've put on over the last year. I have pre workouts that give me more than enough energy to workout hard
  • JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I tried low carb, saw a few results but nothing to write home about. started loosing weight by watching calories but I still have a tendency to avoid carbs.

I rarely buy breads and dont have pasta , ill just eat chicken and vegetables.

The key would be too keep as little carbs lying around the house as possible,