5"2', 31lbs lost... 24 more to go 'til goal!

Options
Sorry that the pictures aren't great... I don't have a lot of "fat" pictures because I avoided the camera like the plague when I was bigger. I'll try to dig some more up so that when I reach my goal I have more to show you all.

Anyway, a little about myself... I'm Jeanine and I'm 20 years young. Since beginning high school, I've battled with my weight. Nobody in my family ever had a weight problem and ate whatever they wanted all the time without really gaining anything. Grocery shopping for my house was done at Walmart and consisted of nearly all processed foods high in calories, fat, sodium and sugar... While everyone else seemed to be okay eating this junk, I finally ballooned up to 180lbs my senior year and stayed that way. I would always say that I couldn't lose weight because healthy food was expensive. Or I couldn't exercise because I'm not an "in shape" person.

Every day was a new excuse until a few months ago I had the most devastating thing happen to me in my entire life. My longtime boyfriend of seven years cheated on me. My very best friend, the one person I thought would always be there completely through everything was gone. Because we started dating at such a young age I never had the chance to be an independent person. I always had him to lean on when I needed something or things went wrong. I started having anxiety attacks, every day I would cry multiple times, I couldn't sleep, I could hardly eat... I just didn't want to be here anymore, plain and simple.

But in that time period I started thinking about myself for the first time in a long time. I started eating again, but this time healthier. I cut out fast food and soda completely which were very frequently consumed. I started working out to relieve stress and anxiety. And slowly but surely, I began to prove to myself that I didn't need anyone in my life to fall back on because I have myself, and I'm strong.

So, here I am today... 31 pounds lighter than I was before. I feel alive, I feel confident, and I feel strong. I can take on anything. There was a time in my life where I would pass up things I really wanted to do because I felt that I couldn't. Now, if there's a new challenge I'm the first person to pursue it. I want to live life to the fullest and make up for all of the days I lost sitting in front of the computer or on the couch. I will never revert back to my old habits again. I can only get better from here. :drinker:

or6wdh.jpg
65tsme.png

LEFT: 180lbs. Carb face, back fat, belly...
RIGHT: 149lbs. No double chin!! No back fat!!! Omg, where did my belly go?!?!
GOAL: 125lbs... I will get there!

For anyone interested, I eat a minimum of 1400 calories per day, go to the gym 4-5x per week, and I eat back usually half of my exercise calories, sometimes all of them. At the gym I like to stretch, use the elliptical with resistance/incline, Zumba, and use the treadmill. Oh, and squats, squats, squats... I also just started taking up strength training as well which I really like. It pushes you to really be better and I think it will really help in my journey.

Thanks for reading and looking, and if anyone needs a friend, please feel free to add me. :)

Replies

• dupaboo
    dupaboo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous. Keep up the great work - you're doing amazing!!
  • mjkanaan
    mjkanaan Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Your story is amazing, and the fact that you came out of your breakup sounding like a stronger person is awesome!!! Good for you! You used that to your advantage and have obviously gone about this in the most healthy way! I have a teenage daughter and to think about her meeting someone so young and being with them for that long honestly blows my mind, so I can only imagine what you have gone through! Continue to make your way and pursue your dreams. You're a beautiful person, both inside and out!!! Good luck to you!
  • smallbutcurvy
    Options
    wow you are so gorgeous, great achievement well done :)
  • jillybean_75
    jillybean_75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Beautiful before and stunning after, including the sense of independence! Way to go!
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    You look like a Barbie doll lol great job on losing the weight!
  • Lindaspencer
    Lindaspencer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    wow - great job!!! :) Thanks for sharing - incredible difference - Im also 5ft 2 and also have the goal of 125 - 10 lbs to go - and they seem to be the hardest - lol - mostly because i suppose i dont try as hard - cuz i suppose im not a determined as i was to lose - and now im at an acceptable weight - i think its less motivating - however i have maintained for a year :) Just thought id share that to motivate you to keep going - lol - cuz everyone is gonna tell you - that u look fabulous (and you do - just gorgeous :) and that u dont need to lose anymore lol - and just wanted to prepare you for that so u can push forward to your goal :) good luck :)
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You are a real success!!!
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    wow - great job!!! :) Thanks for sharing - incredible difference - Im also 5ft 2 and also have the goal of 125 - 10 lbs to go - and they seem to be the hardest - lol - mostly because i suppose i dont try as hard - cuz i suppose im not a determined as i was to lose - and now im at an acceptable weight - i think its less motivating - however i have maintained for a year :) Just thought id share that to motivate you to keep going - lol - cuz everyone is gonna tell you - that u look fabulous (and you do - just gorgeous :) and that u dont need to lose anymore lol - and just wanted to prepare you for that so u can push forward to your goal :) good luck :)

Aw, thank you!!! You look fabulous. :) Unfortunately I need to lose the rest of the weight in my thighs/legs and still in my arms. Most of this weight I've lost came off of my midsection. I'm eating enough to be totally satisfied, and I'm enjoying the workouts so I'll just keep doing it and see what happens! If I end up losing less that's okay as long as I am healthy.
  • JeaninePaige
    Options
    Your story is amazing, and the fact that you came out of your breakup sounding like a stronger person is awesome!!! Good for you! You used that to your advantage and have obviously gone about this in the most healthy way! I have a teenage daughter and to think about her meeting someone so young and being with them for that long honestly blows my mind, so I can only imagine what you have gone through! Continue to make your way and pursue your dreams. You're a beautiful person, both inside and out!!! Good luck to you!

Thank you so much, I really do appreciate it. Believe me, I never thought our relationship was going to be that long when I first started "dating" him lol. It just kind of ended up that way. Our families really loved each other and everything seemed really perfect. It's sad but life goes on and I'm a better person now.
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Even ur nose has slimmed down!! but very pretty and very inspiring!!
  • ange290981
    Options
    You are pretty and look so healthy.
    even your hair has this glow about it. Great job.:flowerforyou:
  • JeaninePaige
    Options
    Even ur nose has slimmed down!! but very pretty and very inspiring!!

HA! Just bad light I think, but I definitely get told the most that people can see the weight loss in my face.
  • kisses4dylan
    kisses4dylan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    GREAT progress! You look amazing!
  • paulygi
    paulygi Posts: 58
    Options
    Beautiful before and stunning after, including the sense of independence! Way to go!

What she said.

Wow from beautiful to gorgeous.
  • JeaninePaige
    Options
    :blushing: Thank you guys.
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Awesome sauce!
  • luisalg14
    luisalg14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Well done!!
    You look awesome :smile:
  • enchanted_daydream
    enchanted_daydream Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    What a difference! You look marvelous! Keep it up :)
  • rwhite610
    rwhite610 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Congratulations on your accomplishments in both health and personal!! Enjoy your 20's and finding you <3
  • JeaninePaige
    Options
    Thank you very much!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!