75 day commitment challenge

Options
I'm starting I personal challenge as of Nov 1st. Its a 75 day challenge to stick with my plan.
My looking for others to do this with me. You dont have to change anything - - just make a commitment to follow your plan for the 75 days.
Everyone that is in on this can add each other as friends and help each other reach their goals.

Personally, my goal is to lose 20 lbs minimum in the 75 days by limiting my self to 15g of sugar, 30g of carbs, and 3 days at the gym weekly. I did it between May and August and lost 40 lbs. This is my commitment.

Whats your 75 day personal challenge and commitment?

Replies

• beckyplummer
    beckyplummer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm In.... My 75 day challenge will to be to log my food for all 75 days and eat within my calorie intake that I am allowed for the day and to walk atleast 3 times a week.
  • dalezimmer1
    Options
    Awesome!
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    I'm in! I'll make a 75 day commitment to myself. My goals are logging in everything I eat no matter how small, get to the gym at least 3 days a week, cut down on the processed things I tend to eat and drink more water instead of my downfall of Coke Zero. Good fats, natural sugars over fast food and processed sugars (think candy, ice cream and other sweets).

I'm hoping for another 20 lbs down by the end of it. More would make me happier but I'm trying to stay realistic and 20 lbs is more realistic. :smile:
  • ThisIsMyTimeToLose
    Options
    I'm totally in as today starts a new chapter to my life. 75 day challenge sounds perfect!

My goals are to:

-Keep in contact with all who choose to do this with me so I have contact motivation whether it be texting, emailing , or on here!

-Go to the gym at least 3 times a week

-eat 1,200-1,3000 a day on days I don't go to the gym

-log everything!

-to reach 160 by then

-to not look at the scale once from today till then

-to take a few before pictures
  • ThisIsMyTimeToLose
    Options
    P.s. everyone add me!
  • laurajune72
    laurajune72 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Okay Peeps- I am in- for 75 days: I will fill in my food thingy , weigh myself ONLY once a week. Give myself "good talk". Stay with in my calorie goals. I will add in exercise at least 3 times per week- Now you people know we have the 2 MAJOR food holidays in there. Just saying..... I hate this- but i hate being a fat *kitten* more. good luck to all of us!!! =)
  • srelu
    srelu Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey I am In. for 75 days challenge as i need to loose min 15 kgs..

my goal- log in everyday and everything
    3 days to go to gym..

please add me as i am new to her ..need some motivation
  • rwhite610
    rwhite610 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My goal in the next 75 days are: Log my meals everyday, stay within my allotted calories (1200 according to MFP), walk 30 minutes a day and/or do a workout dvd or 2, cut out more processed foods, keep my water intake up, and start putting more effort into me!

Now, can anyone tell me how I can figure out really how many calories I should be eating on the days I workout? I see conflicting answers EVERYWHERE!

ETA: I am trying to get back down to my weight after my first daughter and tone everything up :) 16-18 more lbs to go!
  • adolepfan
    Options
    I am totally in! I just rejoined MFP and am looking for a boost. I vow in the 75 days to log every day, stay within my calorie intake, go to the gym a minimum of 3 times a week and drink more water and dtich the soda.
  • acoustictones
    Options
    Well, looks like that will take us through the end of the year, and since I've already written those goals down I'M IN TOO :)

I started September at 172 lbs, 32% body fat and a 39" waistline.

My goals through the end of the year are 155 lbs, 15% body fat and 32".

I have already started and am now currently 162-164, 24-26% and about 36".

So here we go :)

David

P.S.: I do have a number of other goals, but assuming the above are achieved I think I'll be in a reasonable for some of the others that I haven't listed.
  • Little_bird286
    Little_bird286 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I will allow myself 2 complete cheat days though. My birthday this year is the day after Thanksgiving (aka black friday) so that will be one and the other will be either Christmas or my father's birthday, I haven't quite decided yet.

My goals after 75 days

1. Log onto MFP and track everything that I consume.
    2. Either hit my calorie goal or be under it.
    3. Do some sort of physical activity every day.
    4. Hit the 150 pound mark! I haven't been there since I was 19.

p.s.
    I'm in a weight loss competition with 3 other people at work. the weigh in is the day before Thanksgiving. So far I am the only one who has lost any weight but one of the other contestants has been known to cheat i.e. put weights in the shoes before original weigh in, sit in the sauna the day before and not eat anything a few days before the weigh in either. Does anyone have any ideas on how to actually beat him? I started the competition at 180.1lbs and a few days ago I weighed 171.5. weight loss is done by percentage of lost weight. So if I loose 18lbs and he looses 20 with a starting weight of 260, I would win since I lost a greater percentage of the original weight. I don't want to starve myself I want to do it right!

sorry for the wall of text and slightly going off topic.
  • CryCry1985
    CryCry1985 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am in. I will log everyday for the full 75 days and walk at least 3 days per week.
  • cwchange
    cwchange Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in...log MFP each day and reach my 10,000 step goal with FitBit!
  • tfleischer
    tfleischer Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am in.
    Goals for 75 days:
    1. Log in every day, even weekends.
    2. Log all foods (and be as honest about them as I can) every day, even bad days.
    3. Walk 4 times a week, if not more, at least 30 minutes a time. Build up to 3+ mile per hour pace by end of challenge!
    4. Drink no more than 1 glass of wine on a week night (a real glass of wine, not a tumbler!)
    5. Drink no more than 3 glasses on my Friends night out on the weekend.
    6. Hit my MFP calorie goal or be under for at least 5 of the 7 days of each week.
    7. Eat raw veggies and fruits as snacks, not cheese and deli meats or sweets.
    8. Print this list out and post in visible places (fridge doors, bathroom mirror).
    9. Weigh twice a week to keep close monitor of myself.
    10. Lose 15 lbs. by the of the end of this challenge.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I like it.
  • dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My goals are to track every morsel, read every label and exercise at least 3x/week.
  • nolaika
    Options
    I am in. My goals:

- daily 30 minutes walk
    - daily 20 min meditation
    - stick to my eating plan (starting Monday) and lose 20 lbs (at least!)
    - make a dentist appointment & follow through with the treatment

Good luck to everyone!
  • nikki041488
    Options
    Im in!. Officially starting on Monday though : / My life needs to change, and dieting won't do it. I need a lifestyle change, or so everyone says and I am now finally understanding it. My lifestyle will change Monday, and for 75 days after that i will: Not step on the scale, log everything i eat, exercise 3-4 times per week. I could really use the support from the community, and anyone else that is in the obesity category or used to be : ) i would really appreciate feedback on exercises and what works. Please add me, looking forward to doing this with all of you.
  • auntieflora
    auntieflora Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just what I needed to get me going. I got on the scale today and freaked out. My commitment:
    - Login in every day and post my food
    - Walk at least 30 minutes every day
    - Go cold turkey on the wine (biggest challenge)
    - Do Atkins (my most successful way of eating) and get through the tough first 2 weeks
    - Lose 15 pounds.

I'm really bummed out about the 40 pound weight gain I've had over the past 5 years - 20 in the last year alone. WTH??
  • comalua1
    Options
    Sure! I just started on Sunday of last week... Couldn't resist weighing last night though... already down 2 pounds... yay!!

I'm in!

ADD ME! I'd love the company!