Anyone else a chocoholic??

Options
Okay so I am a TOTAL chocoholic!!! Does anyone know of any good, chocolaty things to eat that won't kill my calorie goal?

Replies

• gemzy24
    gemzy24 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Im not a chocolate person but lately iv been having maltesers i suck on each one and it helps my sweet tooth also 181 cals and they last me a long time ;)
  • bethm1210
    bethm1210 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I like Jello Mousse - 60 calories, and several different flavors.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Blue Diamond Natural Almonds with Dark Chocolate Flavor - yummmmmm!
  • NuNusMaMa
    Options
    Im an absolute chocoholic...the slim fast bars hold me over. They are made with real chocolate...atleast thats what it tastes like haha!!! If that doesnt work for you the low fat puddings (not sure how many calories are in it) are pretty good and curve cravings!!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    A FORMER chocoholic here. I had to go "cold turkey" for 2 months before the cravings subsided.
    Now if I want a chocolaty treat I have a fat free chocolate jello pudding cup. They are only 100 calories and fit the bill!
  • BeSexy
    BeSexy Posts: 94
    Options
    Yep!!! Chocolate Shakeology and the p90X protein bars! I use to eat the FIber Plus antioxidant Bars too. Those are good. There is also Dark Chocolate if you can limit yourself.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Yoplait has a decent chocolate flavor. Plus the little 100 calorie pudding snack pack things are good too. I also do the dark chocolate Hershey's kisses. Pop one in and let it melt slowly...plus I freeze it first...makes it last a little longer. York peppermint patties are good too. I try to stick with the dark chocolate.
  • sutehi
    sutehi Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to good quality dark chocolate, which is more satisfying in small quantities than milk chocolate.

Also, cocoa nibs are your friend! They bitter on their own so you'll probably want to mix them with something, but if you use them in place of chocolate chips, you get the chocolatey taste with significantly fewer calories. I'll sometimes have a tiny bowl of whipped cream, sprinkled with cocoa nibs, and call it dessert ^_-
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    I love chocolate with a passion. I usually eat one of those fiber one chocolate and oats bars. They're about 140 calories and they have a 90 calorie bar too.
  • elyse0210
    elyse0210 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am also a chocoholic :( I've been trying lately to find new ways to satisfy my enormous sweet tooth. Try sugar free jello puddings. They are only 60 calories and come in many flavors. I also buy 100 calorie chocolate covered pretzels or Nature Valley Oats and Dark Chocolate granola bars. Oh and I recently tried Eating Right 100 calorie fugde ice cream bars. Sooo good. Hope these help!
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Yep, choc. is my nemisis! I found on here the 'skinny cow' ice cream? I'm going to get some this weekend and see how it is. It appears to be low cal and others say it's good.
  • becomingsara
    Options
    I love chocolate and cannot consume dairy, so good dark chocolate fits the bill for me. Like sutehi said, it takes less of it to satisfy, due to its intense flavor. So my craving is satisfied at about 160 cals (1/3 bar).
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    My downfall is Snickers. I found the 'minis' 4 for only 170 cals. I eat them so slowly... teeny, tiny bites.... (totally pathetic I know- but I want it to last as long as poss!) Usually I can get by with only 1 or 2. :-)

Chocolate Cheerios are also pretty good. I eat them dry though, don't like them with milk.

Chocolate milk works sometimes too.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Milky way - the mini ones
    Malteasers - again the mini bags

You could also try alpen light chocolate and orange bars at 65 cals or snack a jack rice cakes at 65 cals per cake
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Okay so I am a TOTAL chocoholic!!! Does anyone know of any good, chocolaty things to eat that won't kill my calorie goal?

I was completely addicted to chocolate before I started this weightloss. I had to completely cut it out, moderation was not an option to be honest. I used to consume 2000 calories worth of chocolate - per day.

It took a few weeks before I stopped thinking about the stuff and now it hardly ever crosses my mind. In the last five months, I have eaten chocolate once and would never go back to what I used to be like.

Sorry I can't think of an option for you.
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Oikos chocolate Greek yogurt. Mmmmm!
  • firecaptainswife
    Options
    Klondike 100 calorie fudge bars are deliciouso.....my favorite this week! :laugh:
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Ghiradelli 60 % Cocoa semi sweet morsels.........only 5 cals per drop, and when you eat about 15 or so , they kinda fill you up........and they are supposedly OK to eat, and in moderation ,but good for your heart.......

just a little though......Lloyd
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    .Lloyd
  • YourFriendBecky
    Options
    YES, I have the perfect thing for you, just discovered it... Altoids mints dipped in dark chocolate... you can have 2 for only 15 calories! Totally satisfying!!

And when I need a little something more... those decadent Dove Promises are only 40-45 calories each.

I also keep fudgesicles on hand at 100 calories each.

Oh, and you can make cocoa or cafe mocha with nonfat or 1% milk, coffee, unsweetened cocoa powder and Splenda.... also very satisfying and low cal. You can add mint or cinnamon or other extracts to it, too.

Cocoa Krispies are also pretty low calorie, I think.