4 months post chemo success

Options
I've been participating in a program at a local university that is for people who have cancer (I was diagnosed with Leukemia in January 2013). I started this guided fitness program after 6 months of treatment. I used to be pretty active but while I was going through chemotherapy I lived a pretty sedentary lifestyle. I go to this program twice a week and have started taking my dog for walks in addition to tracking my food intake on MFP. Well today I'm down 10 pounds, I've lost 3 cm off my waist and I'm also down 3% body fat. I still have a long way to go but this was great news.

ps I know my ticker says I'm only down 6 pounds but I didn't start MFP until September and I guess I had lost a bit before that ~ cheers.

Replies

• Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss success!!!!! Your motivation is inspiring and the determined, strong mind-set you have will be really helpful. My very best wishes go out to you as you continue to recover from Chemotherapy and Leukaemia. May life treat you gently and you bounce back stronger than ever. :heart:
  • 86muffintop
    86muffintop Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!! Congratulations on your success! :):flowerforyou:
  • lynty2
    lynty2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    THIS :heart:
  • PeaceHappinessBalance
    Options
    Congrats, that is pretty awesome! xoxo
  • southportmom2fab5
    southportmom2fab5 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! Truly inspirational. My dog is also helping me get fit. :)
    Sending positive thoughts your way.
  • accendo
    accendo Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    How wonderful, you should be so proud of yourself.
  • spants9
    spants9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just hit 10 lbs today too after breast cancer treatment! Yay!
  • kathers01
    kathers01 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great job!!
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! that is awesome!!
  • bethshines
    bethshines Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! that is wonderfully inspiring!
  • sjaykay13
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! I have a female cousin who was a super athlete (crossfit, police officer, paleo eater, marathon runner) who was diagnosed with Lymphoma in May. She just finished her 6th and final round of chemo and is CANCER FREE!! However, she gained about 30lbs during chemo and is trying to ease back into shape. You are an inspiration and I am happy to see you on MFP so I can share with my cousin!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!