Bad choice

Options
I had to eat out today and my choice was McDonalds. I got a McChicken sandwich and a small fry. What could I have chosen that would have been a better in calories & fat?

Replies

• AshaDidIt
    AshaDidIt Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I would have scraped the mayo off the chicken sandwich and skipped the fries. But considering all the other crap that McDonalds serves, I don't think you did too bad! :)
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    that's not too bad. i would say no mayo as well. maybe the apple slices (w/o caramel) instead of the fries. don't beat yourself up over it. at least now you can find out what to get next time.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    For McDonalds get the snack wraps! Yes they are white tortilla and they have processed shredded cheese, but if you get the grilled buffalo you also get a spicy kick to the metabolism!
  • wan2b21
    wan2b21 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I forget the McDonalds and go to Taco Bell.. where i get two or three beef soft tacos Fresca style =) only 160 cals each.
  • TracyJean2012
    TracyJean2012 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    the snack wraps are a good choice but you can also just get a happy meal and be ok. All else fails do I what I did I went and printed out all the fast food menus with the cals and then when you know you are going pick the resturant and take a look before you go! It works for me
  • Ravyn1982
    Ravyn1982 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    The snack wraps are good choices and taste pretty good too. The apple slices instead of fries are healthier even if you eat the caramel sauce with them. Their side salad is pretty good too and get the balsamic dressing its the lowest in cals.

Though you did really good!! Most of the time when I go(because the kids want to) I end up with a burger of some kind and a large fry though I usually don't get thru more than about half of it. I still feel guilty most of the time.
  • Margiewar
    Margiewar Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The chicken wrap.
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    My favorite for a quick meal is Chick-fil-a. They have a Grilled Chicken sandwich with lettuce and tomato on a wheat bun and the option of fruit instead of fries. It's absolutely delicious and under 400 calories!
  • rckola911
    rckola911 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    could have got a salad with chicken breast in it. and apple dipper maby
  • keegannati
    Options
    The McChicken without mayo seems to be one of the less-unhealthy things they have. A hamburger/cheeseburger, 6-piece nuggets, grilled chicken wraps or salads (vinaigrette or no dressing) would have been good too. Surely there's another place in the same area that has better food though?
  • ThebestBrooklynn
    Options
    People here seem to think that all fat is bad and that whole wheat is ok. Neither is true. Good fat, like natural fats in avacado, butter and cheese actually burn fat. We should eat more of these not less. Whole wheat is bad, well if you want to loose weight it is. Carbohydrates all turn to sugar in your system and to much sugar is far worse than the mayo on a sandwich. If your gunna skip part of your sandwich, skip the bread.
  • SJSchwartz
    Options
    Just look at their nutritional menu online. It will tell you the calories of everything on the menu.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking the sub like fast food are better choices lately. I can't prove it. But I think the less fried greasyness the better. I tend not to skip the fries, so better for me not to go there. Once a month or so i've been going anyway. It's always a "not worth it" experience diet vs food wise!
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    If I ever go to McDonalds, I get a bacon ranch salad with grilled chicken. Instead of the ranch dressing, I get light balsamic.
  • NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    Unfortunately I live in a town of about 3000. We have McDonalds, Hardees, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell/KFC and Dairy Queen. :ohwell:
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    All of those places have the nutrition facts listed on the food wrapper or tray liner and its also posted in the restaurant. But um, a salad is always best?