What supplements do you or did you take?

Options

Replies

• theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    1.) Protein powder
    2.) Fish oil
    3.) Multi-vitamin

The rest of the time I'm eating healthy, lots of fruit, vegetables, whole grains, lean meat, nuts, yogurt, cottage cheese, etc. Works good for me.

mmm if you are hitting your goals of protein in the lean meats+nuts+yogurt/cheese department, then the protein powder isn't necessary that could save ya a few bucks
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Bulk Powders
    PWO
    Agmatine @3g
    Citrulline Malate @6g
    DAA (D-Aspartic Acid) @ 3.5g
    Erase Pro @ 3 caps per day

Xtend BCAA
    Controlled Labs Oximega fish oil
    Controlled Labs Orange Triad Multivitamin
    All-Max Creapure Creatine
    Muscletech Whey protein

Identical stack when I cut just maybe add some Dexaprine
  • Amadbro
    Options
    1.) Protein powder
    2.) Fish oil
    3.) Multi-vitamin

The rest of the time I'm eating healthy, lots of fruit, vegetables, whole grains, lean meat, nuts, yogurt, cottage cheese, etc. Works good for me.

mmm if you are hitting your goals of protein in the lean meats+nuts+yogurt/cheese department, then the protein powder isn't necessary that could save ya a few bucks

Except whey is a fast digesting protein which is what you want pwo to take advantage of that anabolic window and the bodies increased sensitivity to insulin.
  • theopenforum
    Options
    Bulk Powders
    PWO
    Agmatine @3g
    Citrulline Malate @6g

Xtend BCAA
    Muscletech Whey protein

meh Im not the craziest about thermogenics the Citrulline Malate Ive personally never had. Interesting stack does it give you the endurance you're after? How do you feel without it? Your PWO I am referring to the rest is pretty identical to most
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    fish oil, magnesium, vit c and vit b complex.
  • theopenforum
    Options
    1.) Protein powder
    2.) Fish oil
    3.) Multi-vitamin

Except whey is a fast digesting protein which is what you want pwo to take advantage of that anabolic window and the bodies increased sensitivity to insulin.

and so is fish. I have personally never really been too afraid of an anabolic window and I have seen gains outside of it. As a matter of fact I usually don't get in any protein untill about 3 hours after my workouts and I am still getting the muscle gains I was after. I use to be terrified of not getting in a protein shake of some sort right after my workout but when I stopped I didn't notice a change at all and was still getting gains in the gym. But of course to each his own :)
  • Amadbro
    Options
    Bulk Powders
    PWO
    Agmatine @3g
    Citrulline Malate @6g

Xtend BCAA
    Muscletech Whey protein

meh Im not the craziest about thermogenics the Citrulline Malate Ive personally never had. Interesting stack does it give you the endurance you're after? How do you feel without it? Your PWO I am referring to the rest is pretty identical to most

I don't use any thermos. There isn't a single thermo in my stack..
    The agmatine and Cit Mal are the key ingredients in Hemovol. They promote vascularity/increased pumps. You buy them in bulk and save alot of $ by not having to buy Hemovol and get even better benefits because you can jack up dosage depending on your needs.
    The DAA (D-Aspartic Acid) I also get in bulk has been proven to raise T levels by quite alot, stacked with Erase, keeps estrogen and estrogen related sides at bey. I cycle the DAA/Erase and this will be my 2nd cycle. Had amazing results with bloodwork showing a 75% increase in free testosterone after my last cycle.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    - Multi.
    - Magnesium for nerve pain.
    - Calcium chews -- because they're like candy ;)
    - B complex -- an experiment to see if they gave me more energy. They don't seem to. I'll probably be dropping them.
    - C -- recommended by my dermatologist for collagen production to help skin recover during weight loss. It's cheap and can't hurt.
    - Probiotics.
    - Garlic for high blood pressure -- seems to help.
    - Omega 3 when I remember to buy it.
  • theopenforum
    Options
    Bulk Powders
    PWO
    Agmatine @3g
    Citrulline Malate @6g

Xtend BCAA
    Muscletech Whey protein

The agmatine and Cit Mal are the key ingredients in Hemovol. They promote vascularity/increased pumps. You buy them in bulk and save alot of $ by not having to buy Hemovol and get even better benefits because you can jack up dosage depending on your needs.
    The DAA (D-Aspartic Acid) I also get in bulk has been proven to raise T levels by quite alot, stacked with Erase, keeps estrogen and estrogen related sides at bey. I cycle the DAA/Erase and this will be my 2nd cycle. Had amazing results with bloodwork showing a 75% increase in free testosterone after my last cycle.

was only referring to the Dex

hmmm where do you get them in bulk? Most people I know usually just take the hemo and call it a day, its interesting to find others that break it up
  • Amadbro
    Options
    1.) Protein powder
    2.) Fish oil
    3.) Multi-vitamin

and so is fish. I have personally never really been too afraid of an anabolic window and I have seen gains outside of it. As a matter of fact I usually don't get in any protein untill about 3 hours after my workouts and I am still getting the muscle gains I was after. I use to be terrified of not getting in a protein shake of some sort right after my workout but when I stopped I didn't notice a change at all and was still getting gains in the gym. But of course to each his own :)

Meal timing is irrelevant..I'm just referring to what is OPTIMUM...tons of studies have been done citing the benefits of whey post workout due to its increased absorption rate.

Here's one for example

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/berardi4.htm
    "The faster the protein and carbohydrates get to the muscle, the better your chances for muscle building and recovery. Current research has demonstrated that subjects receiving nutrients within one hour after exercise recover more quickly than subjects receiving nutrients three hours after exercise. Liquid nutrition is making more sense, isn't it?"

References at the bottom

Not to mention there's so much you can do with a pwo shake
    My shake for example:
    2 scoops muscle tech whey
    2 tbsp all natural PB
    2 cups 1% milk
    1 1/2 cups rolled oats

Comes out to around 1120 cals, 137g carbs, 32g fat, 82g pro
  • Amadbro
    Options
    Bulk Powders
    PWO
    Agmatine @3g
    Citrulline Malate @6g

Xtend BCAA
    Muscletech Whey protein

Dexaprine XR is something I tried at the end of my cut..it gave me AMAZING concentration and focus. Dosage is only 1 capsule but it's recommended to take 1/2 a cap due to its potency and let me tell you IT IS POTENT. It's actually banned in some countries.
  • Amadbro
    Options
    Bulk Powders
    PWO
    Agmatine @3g
    Citrulline Malate @6g

Xtend BCAA
    Muscletech Whey protein

hmmm where do you get them in bulk? Most people I know usually just take the hemo and call it a day, its interesting to find others that break it up

Amazon my friend
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006M0HMB2/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E88BON2/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can save $ and get even better benefits because you can control the dosage. Just make sure to have a scale..
  • theopenforum
    Options
    1.) Protein powder
    2.) Fish oil
    3.) Multi-vitamin

Meal timing is irrelevant..I'm just referring to what is OPTIMUM...tons of studies have been done citing the benefits of whey post workout due to its increased absorption rate.

Here's one for example

"The faster the protein and carbohydrates get to the muscle, the better your chances for muscle building and recovery. Current research has demonstrated that subjects receiving nutrients within one hour after exercise recover more quickly than subjects receiving nutrients three hours after exercise. Liquid nutrition is making more sense, isn't it?"

References at the bottom

See thats the thing for every article there is usually an article to dispute it. I am not saying whey protein is unnecessary, I take it too and yes it has a nearly 100% absorption rate, what I am saying is for that person's particular diet he can offset the need for it cause his diet is really good. Article below
    http://www.protraineronline.com/nutrition/protein-supplements-vs-protein-foods/

snippet:
    Most bodybuilders and strength athletes already consume more than enough protein, so the importance of BV to these athletes who are already consuming enough protein has been overplayed. Even though whey has a higher BV than chicken breast, fish, or milk protein, if the total quantity of protein you consume is sufficient, then it is not likely that substituting whey for food proteins will result in any additional muscle.
  • theopenforum
    Options
    oh and we are in agreement there whey is freaking delicious and highly versatile
  • Amadbro
    Options
    1.) Protein powder
    2.) Fish oil
    3.) Multi-vitamin

Here's one for example

References at the bottom

See thats the thing for every article there is usually an article to dispute it. I am not saying whey protein is unnecessary, I take it too and yes it has a nearly 100% absorption rate, what I am saying is for that person's particular diet he can offset the need for it cause his diet is really good. Article below

snippet:
    Most bodybuilders and strength athletes already consume more than enough protein, so the importance of BV to these athletes who are already consuming enough protein has been overplayed. Even though whey has a higher BV than chicken breast, fish, or milk protein, if the total quantity of protein you consume is sufficient, then it is not likely that substituting whey for food proteins will result in any additional muscle.

You're right I'm just viewing it from a nutrient timing perspective (If you believe in it)..but you should avoid drinking your calories when you can. Did you see the amazon link I posted? Pretty cool huh? Poor people like me have to save that$
  • theopenforum
    Options
    - Multi.
    - Magnesium for nerve pain.
    - Calcium chews -- because they're like candy ;)
    - B complex -- an experiment to see if they gave me more energy. They don't seem to. I'll probably be dropping them.
    - C -- recommended by my dermatologist for collagen production to help skin recover during weight loss. It's cheap and can't hurt.
    - Probiotics.
    - Garlic for high blood pressure -- seems to help.
    - Omega 3 when I remember to buy it.

ya know I found some multivitamin chews at GNC that are freaking delicious. To be honest its the only reason I am able to take multivitamins everyday ^_^

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=15319136
  • theopenforum
    Options
    1.) Protein powder
    2.) Fish oil
    3.) Multi-vitamin

Here's one for example

References at the bottom

snippet:

You're right I'm just viewing it from a nutrient timing perspective (If you believe in it)..but you should avoid drinking your calories when you can. Did you see the amazon link I posted? Pretty cool huh? Poor people like me have to save that$

of course I saw it 0.0

that is freaking sick how on earth did you find that?
  • Amadbro
    Options
    Just researched..amazon has everything
  • theopenforum
    Options
    thats awesome bro, thanks for the info
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    1.) Protein powder
    2.) Fish oil
    3.) Multi-vitamin

Definitely a valid point. I'm on a 20% deficit though right now to drop some weight so I find the protein powder is helpful to keep the protein intake up without a lot of extra calories as well as convenience. Once I get back up to maintenance I think I probably will eliminate the powder from my diet and just stick to whole foods.