Looking for supportive friends

Options
Hi I'm Jessica and I am 30 years old. This is my 5th day on MFP. Basically I'm looking for people that can motivate me and I can try and do the same for them. I have noticed many people on this site have very strong views and opinions so I'm kind of afraid to send requests in case I'm not a very good match. I am trying to lose 40lbs , I keep an open journal, I haven't logged my exercise yet because I have yet to buy a gadget to tell me what I am burning at work. In the next few weeks I will have time for the gym. I usually do cardio and when I lose atleast half my weight I'd like to explore strength training : ) sorry for the long description...like I said I just want to find friends with common goals.

Replies

• MileHighFitness
    MileHighFitness Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jessica! You have come to the right place for support!
  • Go4it1985
    Go4it1985 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hey I could do with some mutual support n encouragement :) feel free to add me..
  • Nasstasia
    Nasstasia Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! Always open to some new encouraging friends :)
  • Arpflieger
    Options
    Hey there! I can definitely support you on your journey :)
  • caseyt0911
    Options
    You can add me and everyone else can add me as well!
  • FutureMilitaryGal
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm interested in joining the Navy. I have lost about 23lbs so far, and have about 98lbs before I can enlist. I am looking for support and new friends that I can meet. I LOVE meeting new people, so feel free to add me and let's fight the battle of fat!
  • FrankieBenjamin
    FrankieBenjamin Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Happy to connect, also looking to give and receive motivation and people to share knowledge with!
  • Jim_1960
    Jim_1960 Posts: 399
    Options
    Been here a while and understand what you are saying about some of the harsh comments that can come through.

I have a great bunch of friends and I log daily as well as interact and support as much as possible.
    And, it has to be fun as well....LOL

If anyone thinks this is for you, then feel free to add.
  • enchromaticc
    enchromaticc Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm new on MFP as well! You can add me if you like :)
  • mobosco
    mobosco Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me!
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    im on here everyday feel free to add :)
  • JuiceBars
    JuiceBars Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for a few new friends, feel free to add me. My profile will tell you a bit about me so you can decide if we are a good match. Your success is in your hands. You can do it!!
  • jonny310580
    jonny310580 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me as I am good for support and also would be nice to get some the other way as well :)

peace out
  • amsky
    amsky Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    <----lost 120 lbs .....Feel free to add me !
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jessica! If you are looking for a few new friends, feel free to add me.
    Dairy is open to friends. Log daily.
  • ShaunShaunphenomenon
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me. I always have something punny to say, and no I didn't mis-type it :D
  • Chellody22
    Chellody22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    FR sent! Anybody else can feel free to add me as well :smile:
  • TJ_Rugger
    TJ_Rugger Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jessica! I will always link up with people that need support and who are supportive! FR sent.
  • motogsp
    motogsp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am just restarting after a brief break. Feel free to add me. The more friends the merrier!
  • FatNorm2713
    Options
    My Name is Norm and I am here to support people and receive support from people who are attempting to do the same thing and that is lose weight! I enjoy the feed back i get and the tips people provide when I ask questions. So feel free to add me to your "friends" and I will add you to mine!