T.H.E.(Trying Hard Everday) Team 10/22/10 to 10/29/10

Options
Welcome team!!

A week behind us, a new week in front of us. Some familiar faces and some new ones too!

This week, I would like to challenge each of you to set a goal. This one step - choosing a goal and sticking to it - changes everything. People with goals succeed because they know where they're going. Choose a goal that you want to reach this week. It can be drinking all your water, watching your sodium intake, exercising every day or eating all your veggies. It doesn't matter what the goal is, as long as you are commited to the challenge. Throughout the week, lets look at this 1 goal and see what we are doing. Are you struggling? Why? A goal is something you have to try for, not something that happens easily. Think about what you want to accomplish this week and why, then let us know what you are shooting for. And of course, ask for advice from your fellow teamies if you need it.

This is the new thread for the week. If you would like to weigh in and post your stats, please feel free to do so. Our weigh in days are on Fridays, however, some of us choose to measure our success by other means. You are of course welcome to do that as well. As always, please share what you feel comfortable sharing.

If anyone would like to start, (I haven't weighed in yet and will do so in the AM.)
The format is

Your ScreenName ~ SW/ GW/ CW = Total pounds lost

SW= your starting weight
GW= your goal weight
CW= current weight

Please use the quote function when posting your stats and copy the previous weigh-in and add your stats to the end of the list. This way we have a running list and it helps everyone to see everyone's results easier.

Welcome to a new week!! :0)~

Replies

• Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Original post from KALTGELT:

SW 275/ GW 190/ CW 270.2= 4.8 lbs lost this week with a total of 25.8 lbs lost!

YEAH! I am so excited about my weigh-in. I love to see that my hard work has been paying off. I hope everyone has had a great week and hope you all have a great weekend!

You are doing AWESOME Kelsey. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Cnbethea SW 162.2 GW 135 CW 162.2= This my first week so no lost to share this week!!

Hi I would love to join this group and this week my goal is to drink 12 cups of water each day!!!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Cnbethea SW 162.2 GW 135 CW 162.2= This my first week so no lost to share this week!!

Hi I would love to join this group and this week my goal is to drink 12 cups of water each day!!!

Hey chicka, glad you are here. Great goal and with the kicka$$ workouts you have been doing lately. I am sure there will be a loss next week. :bigsmile:
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    JJ- thanks for getting us organized again. You are a machine by the way. I can't wait until I am fit enough to do what you do.

cnbethea- welcome! We are always excited to have new support and the ladies on this team are very supportive as well.

I have two goals for the week. First, for the weekend, I am going to drink at least 12 glasses of water. I seem to have a really hard time drinking my water on the weekends. My second goal is to start the couch to 5k program. I think it will be easier when we get our treadmill back. It is at my parents house. I always walk 2-3 miles during lunch, but my mom walks with me, so it would be difficult to run intervals with her. Hopefully we will get the treadmill this weekend so I can start it early next week.

Hope everyone has a good evening and a wonderful weekend!
  • tbcooper
    Options
    I completed the C25K program and loved it. Moving the work out from the treadmill to the road was hard. It’s almost like starting over again. But, I ran my first 5K last May. Believe me, if I can do it, so can you.
  • sereney
    sereney Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I have not been around lately on the thread, cause I can never seem to find it. : )
    Well anyways good to see u all again and any newcomers.
    I have not lost much of anything over the last couple of weeks, just kinda stuck at the same weight so not going to worry about the weigh in. I feel confident in what I am doing, but am a little bit frustrated with the no weight loss. Do any of you wonderful people have any suggestions? I would take any right about now.
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options

Hey chicka, glad you are here. Great goal and with the kicka$$ workouts you have been doing lately. I am sure there will be a loss next week. :bigsmile:

LOL yes I am surely looking forward to one next week as well!!! Glad to be here!! The great thing is having someone to workout with it makes it a lot easier I am going to change the name to Venceilla kicks my butt again!!:bigsmile:
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome everyone!!
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    I completed the C25K program and loved it. Moving the work out from the treadmill to the road was hard. It’s almost like starting over again. But, I ran my first 5K last May. Believe me, if I can do it, so can you.

Thanks for the advice. I will see what I can do to get it done outside. What do you think if I do some days I do it inside and others I do it outside? Do you think it is ok to switch back and forth like that?

Here is to a happy saturday all. The sun is starting to come out after a few hours of rain!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Got my 5 drizzly miles in the morning. At least it was not pouring down rain for the run. When my husband got home from work this morning it was pouring and I was really hoping it would stop. Now the sun is even out. What a beautiful day this is turning out to be. It was a pretty good run. I always seem to have the hardest time in the first 2 miles then after that I am able to just keep running with no problem. My pace this morning 10:10 which I am still trying to comprehend. I NEVER thought that I was a runner and now I am running ultimately 10 min miles. Where the heck did that come from? LOL

Off to band practice this afternoon. Looking forward to a good jam session to get ready for our first show in January. These guys are great that I am working with and we will have a lot of fun on stage.

Well, since I have a new job now, I am going to have to redo my training schedule for TurboFire and my half. My new hours are going to be M-T 12:30 to 9pm and Saturdays 9 to 5:30. Way different than what I am use to, plus 8 hour days when I have been only working 4 hour days. If anything, I will just keep my half training with TurboFire as my cross training. We shall see.

Well, off for the day. Have a beautiful weekend everybody. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Kelsey SW 275/ GW 190/ CW 270.2= 4.8 lbs lost this week with a total of 25.8 lbs lost!
    jjtonic SW 206.8 GW 165.0 CW 171.4 Loss of 1.4

Kelsey-Those are two very attainable goals. On the water, just try to always have a bottle of water with you where ever you go, so when you feel hungry drink about 8 oz before deciding to get something to eat. Most of the time you are getting dehydrated rather than being hungry. You can do it and we are here to cheer you on. On the C25K, just remember to take it one day at a time and breathe. It will seem overwhelming at first, but I know you can do it. Trust me, I thought I would never run and now I am training for a half. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Switching up your running from indoors to outdoors, is actually a good strategy.

tbcooper-Welcome.

Sereney-I know plateaus are not at all fun. Try switching things up with your workouts and your food. The key is muscle confusion and keeping your body guessing what you are going to do next. That way it is always working extra hard for you. Just a start on your question. If you have more let me know and I will do my best to answer them.

Cnbethea-I have not really had anybody really workout with me except for a trainer many years ago. I am sure having here there with you pushing you helps tremendously. Keep up the great work.
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    So, I just did my first day of the C25K program. I did it outside today since my hubby wasn't at work yet. I felt like I was going to die, but I did it. I just don't see how I can do the first week only three times before moving on to week two. Can I do week one more than one week? Can I modify it at all? I am definitely going to keep doing it though. My body was surprisingly okay with it. It was my lungs and breathing thayt had a difficult time. Well, tonight I am going to ride the bike for 30 minutes and make sure I eat enough. That seems to be my problem most of the time. Thanks for all of the support you ladies have given me. I never thought I could have lost 26 lbs in just 6 1/2 weeks. I can't wait to see where the rest of my journey leads me!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Kelsey-Great job on your first day. Yes, you can definitely modify it to your own needs. If you feel you want to do week 1 over, by all means do it. I really don't think that you need to, but if it makes you more comfortable to do it then do it. I remember when I first started, I thought it was the hardest thing ever that I have put my body through. I did not even think of modifying it because I wanted to push through and get it done and I did. I was running 30 mins in 9 weeks. It was an amazing accomplishment for me and it will do the same for you. Put one foot in front of the other and you will do just fine.

Do some research about running and maybe even subscribe to Runner's World magazine. You will get all sorts of tips to help you with your breathing and such. I had the hardest time with that as well. One day running with my husband he suggested I just breathe like I normally do while walking. I did it and it works for me. Some people say to breathe in with your left foot and breathe out with your right. That just seemed like too much to me. It actually made me feel like I was hyperventilating. Some people say run with your mouth closed, but I see a lot that don't and I am one of them. I actually swallowed a gnat one day this last week. LOL MMMMM, protein. Find what works best for you and go with it. You will do this, I have complete faith in you. :flowerforyou:
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    Thanks JJ for all the advice and support. I did some research on breathing techniques, and it really helped today. My body was a little more stiff, but I made it through D2! I am going to look into subscribing to runners world. That just sounds crazy for me to say! Running, I never thought!
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    Thanks JJ for all the advice and support. I did some research on breathing techniques, and it really helped today. My body was a little more stiff, but I made it through D2! I am going to look into subscribing to runners world. That just sounds crazy for me to say! Running, I never thought!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I know it is kinda crazy at first, but it will be a love that you will not want to give up. I know this may sound drastic, but it works for me. I schedule everything around my workouts. My workouts are first on my list, then socializing. No exceptions.

Believe me once you get comfortable running you will feel so free with it. I am so excited for you. Keep up the amazing work. :bigsmile:
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    I run around a lake that is close to my house, it's really more of a glorified swamp and I sallow flies all the time! hahaha, for some reason there is no calorie count for flies on mpf. lol

Anyways, I have sort of fallen off the wagon so to speak. But I'm trying harder...everyday. My goal for this week is to simply log all my food. I'm going to a friends cabin for halloween weekend and I won't have internet, so I'm just going to try my best, get into the mentality this week and then really commit myself next week.

Congratulations on your big loss kelsey! 26lbs! You are one of my biggest inspirations!! And JJ thanks for keeping this group going. You guys mean a lot to me!

And finally Welcome newbies! We are so glad to have you!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Egam-Logging in your food is a great way to get back on the wagon, per se. I know you can do it and make wise choices over the weekend. Can't wait to hear how it went for you. Have a great rest of the week. :bigsmile:
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    Happy Tuesday everyone! Just got back from my lunchtime walk. I am feeling really good. My clothes are all too big on me now! I will do W1D3 on thursday evening. I am actually looking forward to it (just a little bit!)

Egam- Thank you so much! You guys are a big inspiration and support to me too. In your other post, you were talking about meals for your family. I make dinner for my hubby and kids and make a separate dinner for me (95% of the time). It just works out easier for me when counting my own calories to know exactly what I am eating. They don't eat bad food, just not the choices I am making right now. You have to put yourself first sometimes. Although I am trying to get my husband to join in with me, it is just not his time yet. He is very supportive of me though. So yes, we do typically have separate meals at dinnertime. It just works for us. I know you can do this! Keep trying hard everyday! You will succeed, I know it!

JJ_ I want to thank you also for keeping the thread going. We have dwindled down to just a few people, but I think they are quality people!!

Have a great day everyone!!!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Great job on your walk yesterday. How was your run this morning? Looking forward to a status update. :drinker:

I agree that we have great people on this thread. Hopefully when I post for next week we can get a few more to come back. I know how hard it can be at times, but if we just go day to day it will get easier. My days are so routine for me, the working out and eating right are just part of my life now. I am having to switch my routine up a little for my new job and it's wierd hours, but have started the new routine today and seems to be working so far. Just have to plan ahead.

Keep up the great work everybody. :bigsmile: