**Controversial** Candy Cleanse

Options

Replies

• greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    You want a good cleanse??? Eat a pound of SUGAR FREE candy, wait half an hour and tell us how much weight you just lost!:laugh:
  • Sarahcuda
    Options
    Baffled this behavior is being encouraged and joked about.

You do get that the OP is being facetious don't you?!

fa·ce·tious /fəˈsēSHəs/

adjective: facetious

1. treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.

synonyms: flippant, flip, glib, frivolous, tongue-in-cheek, ironic, sardonic, joking, jokey, jocular, playful, sportive, teasing, mischievous; More

:bigsmile: :huh: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Sarahcuda
    Options
    You want a good cleanse??? Eat a pound of SUGAR FREE candy, wait half an hour and tell us how much weight you just lost!:laugh:

:sick:
    Just don't venture too far from a bathroom!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

C7gAYCU.jpg

:wink:
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

fa·ce·tious /fəˈsēSHəs/

synonyms: flippant, flip, glib, frivolous, tongue-in-cheek, ironic, sardonic, joking, jokey, jocular, playful, sportive, teasing, mischievous; More

:noway: Did you see his response to me?
  • Shateyn
    Options
    This is my favorite thread.
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    OP...Cleanses in general are a bad idea.

But to do it with this kind of unhealthy garbarge is crazy.

Just throw the candy away, and do it right this time. Starving kids in Africa don't even need to eat that crap.

i know its tempting to want to get the quick results...But don't sacrifice your hard earned muscle. I'm going to send you a FR, and let's do this the right way!

You have my support we are all here for the same reason.

Why is it that every single time someone wants to try to better themself on this website they get stomped by this sort of scorn and derision. If this is what you call support I promise I will be denying your friend request.

Stomp!? How is calling attention to a potentially dangerous diet STOMPING!? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING IF YOU THINK EATING NOTHING BUT HALLOWEEN CANDY IS GOOD IDEA.

FORGET IT. I'M OUT. I will save my time for people who actually want help. Good luck with your great plan I'm sure it will work out great for you.

Just because there's no mention of ice cream in the cleanse there's no reason to get snarky! All you had to do was suggest that the candy is blended with ice cream and OP would have learned how to do the candy cleanse most effectively. He was asking for advice not judgement!
  • Sarahcuda
    Options

fa·ce·tious /fəˈsēSHəs/

Yup. And I have read similar responses when people actually post about doing cleanses or something that isn't mainstream.
    Once again, a flippant response. :bigsmile:
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Crush it up and snort it. You'll be flying around so much, you'll sweat out all your evil toxins.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options

fa·ce·tious /fəˈsēSHəs/

synonyms: flippant, flip, glib, frivolous, tongue-in-cheek, ironic, sardonic, joking, jokey, jocular, playful, sportive, teasing, More

Listen, this is a public forum, and that means that people are only supposed to respond if they support the OP. That means agreeing with them no matter how stupid or harmful their idea is. People want cosigners for what they are already going to do, not advice. Duh! :laugh:
  • Sarahcuda
    Options

fa·ce·tious /fəˈsēSHəs/

synonyms: flippant, flip, glib, frivolous, tongue-in-cheek, ironic, sardonic, joking, jokey, jocular, playful, sportive, teasing, More

Listen, this is a public forum, and that means that people are only supposed to respond if they support the OP. That means agreeing with them no matter how stupid or harmful their idea is. People want cosigners for what they are already going to do, not advice. Duh! :laugh:

That explains EVERYTHING! And to think, I've been doing it wrong this whole time!!!! :wink:
  • ryry_
    Options

Just throw the candy away, and do it right this time. Starving kids in Africa don't even need to eat that crap.

i know its tempting to want to get the quick results...But don't sacrifice your hard earned muscle. I'm going to send you a FR, and let's do this the right way!

Why is it that every single time someone wants to try to better themself on this website they get stomped by this sort of scorn and derision. If this is what you call support I promise I will be denying your friend request.

Stomp!? How is calling attention to a potentially dangerous diet STOMPING!? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING IF YOU THINK EATING NOTHING BUT HALLOWEEN CANDY IS GOOD IDEA.

FORGET IT. I'M OUT. I will save my time for people who actually want help. Good luck with your great plan I'm sure it will work out great for you.

Just because there's no mention of ice cream in the cleanse there's no reason to get snarky! All you had to do was suggest that the candy is blended with ice cream and OP would have learned how to do the candy cleanse most effectively. He was asking for advice not judgement!

I'm the snarky one? I'm the only one here trying to actually help the OP and first he dismisses me and now I'm being attacked by everyone. Now I know why some many of my friends have deactivated.

People just gang up and bully people on here.
  • bubaluboo
    Options

I'm the snarky one? I'm the only one here trying to actually help the OP and first he dismisses me and now I'm being attacked by everyone. Now I know why some many of my friends have deactivated.

I hate it when people say they're out and then come back to bleat about how ill treated they are....I'm not sure that you have properly comprehended why your friends deactivated :laugh:
  • ryry_
    Options

I hate it when people say they're out and then come back to bleat about how ill treated they are....I'm not sure that you have properly comprehended why your friends deactivated :laugh:

Charming. And proves my point pefectly
  • ktsimons
    ktsimons Posts: 294 Member
    Options

Even I know the OP is joking...He posted this under "chit chat, fun & games"...
  • bubaluboo
    Options

Charming. And proves my point pefectly

:flowerforyou: aww forgive me, sometimes I get so over full on my 600 calorie a day diet that I forget my manners!
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    My kids brought home a lot of unwanted candy after halloween. I was trying to think of a way to use it up and I wanted to do a cleanse. It's sort of like a juice feast but with fats and fiber instead of just carbs.

Should I blend the candy for best results or just eat it as the manufacturer intended?

Will this work as long as I stay under my calorie goal?

What sort of toxins can I expect to remove from my body (other than unwanted muscle tissue)?

lol...love this and made me think of the the local lego store around here is bring in a pound get a $1 in-store credit!... :)
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options

Wow.

I'm so sorry that people are treating you like this here.

MFP is supposed to be a weight loss support community. Like they say, "it takes a village" to lose the weight.

I'm here for you if you want to talk..
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options

Should I atomic leg drop someone for you?
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options

Should I atomic leg drop someone for you?

Idk if he wants you to Val, but I definitely want to see that happen! :laugh: