HELP!!! BIGGEST LOSER COMPETITION!!

Options
Hi everyone! :happy:

We started a "Biggest Loser Competition" at work! There are 35 of us that joined! We all had to pay $20 each to join. It goes for 6 week and we weigh in every Thursday morning. On Thursdays you have to pay $1 penalty for every pound you GAIN. The 1st place winner - the person who looses the highest % of body weight wins everyones $20 that they paid to join, and the 2nd place winner wins all of the penalty $$.

I have NEVER been so motivated to loose weight in my life! I :heart: it!! I just wanted to share this with all of you. Anyone can start one of these competions at thier work, at home...wherever! It's an AWESOME motivator!!! Nothing is more motivating then winning that COLD HARD CASH!!! $$$$$$ :happy: First place winner gets $700!!!!!!!!!!

Currently we are in our 3rd week of 6. I have lost 9 total pounds since the beginning of this year, but only 4 of them have been since this competition started 2 weeks and 2 days ago. What's really mind boggeling is the girl that is in 1st place right now is a very slim person to begin with. She is doing GREAT! She lost 5 pounds the first week!

I am looking for any tips and suggestions that you might have to help me shed some serious pounds so I can have a good chance at winning this thing!! Why is it that someone we really doesn't need to loose any weight at all can be in 1st place?? I am open to ANY positive criticizm, suggestions, tips...ANYTHING you wanna throw at me! HELLLLPPP!!! :ohwell:

Feel free to view my diary and if you notice ANYTHING I may be doing wrong...Please share!! :happy:

Good luck to you all in your weight loss journey!! If you have any questions about the "Biggest Loser Competition" feel free to ask!

Have a GREAT WEEKEND!!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• sadenniston
    sadenniston Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! You can totally do it!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Wow....this brings back memories! 3 years ago we started this contest at work....It got me started on this journey. I have gone from a size 16 to a size 12. It is my goal to see a 10 in 2010. My 12s are getting baggy! I am acomin' for ya size 10! :laugh:

That money is short term motivation that is helpful. Keep your eye on your own goal though....a goal of feeling your best to live a long and healthy life. That is what will keep you on track and focused for the longterm.

I wish you well and am rooting you on! Maybe, if you win the contest you can buy a gym membership or a new piece of exercise equipment. :flowerforyou:
  • arbragg
    arbragg Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That is awesome that your workplace is getting into this healthy challange, way to go! I have experince with a Biggest Loser Competetion, as my local gym put one on last January, and that is what kick started my journey!! We had a 10 week program, 5 week program with each trainer, bi weekly weigh in/measurements, as well as a guide for our eating. I still have all the information if you would like it emailed to you, as it was aweome! The only tip I have from my journey is to drink green tea the day before the weigh in and try not to eat much or drink, before you weigh in - I was lucky I did this in the morning, so it wasn't too bad, drink half your weight in ounces, and be accountable to yourself.

Good luck to you - you will do awesome, and don't worry about the "skinny" girl!! LOL
  • arbragg
    arbragg Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    OH and my team won, it was totally awesome - I have never won anything in my life, especially not something at a gym!! :laugh:
  • jacson
    jacson Posts: 1
    Options
    I know your busy around the house with three kids and your excercising hard. What about just a short walk to in the evening after dinner? Thats what I need to start doing. Love ya kiddo and keep it up-whether ya win the $ or not ya still are a winner!!!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    For me, lots of water and watching my sodium intake has helped the most. Good luck!