breakfast

Options
Hello! I'm not a big breakfast eater, except my coffee,any suggestions on what small meals for breakfast?:smile:

Replies

• Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I had some apple slices with peanut butter this morning.
  • legend1973
    Options
    Quaker Instant Oatmeal - Reduced Sugar or Weight Control, feel full all morning, tastes great, easy to make, or take with you, and is good for the body!!!

Love it!!!
  • meggo1
    meggo1 Posts: 14
    Options
    Fruit smoothies usually work really well for me. I put in a cup of skim milk, 1/2 cup of yogurt or Kefir, and 1 cup of fruit. Or oatmeal is another good breakfast food. Hope this helps!
    Megan
  • CHANGES4ME
    CHANGES4ME Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i jus cant pick a certain 1, 3 of my favoritess are;
    ( 2 ) fried eggs ( with carnola oil ) cooking spray
    ( 2 ) slices wheat bread
    ( 2 ) slices turkey bacon

bite size shreaded wheat ( blueberry , my fav )

an omalette with all the fixings ( tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, etc )
    2 slices wheat toast
    freash fruit
  • atampa
    atampa Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    try a cereal bar
  • Bonnie555
    Options
    I usually just have one soft egg on one slice of WW bread - you don't need butter because the yoke softens the toast. the other I often have is 1/2 a banana and 1tbsp of peanut butter:)
  • CHANGES4ME
    CHANGES4ME Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    if you are as active as i am, breakfast should b a bigger meal, cuz u WILL work it off.., so should lunch... dinner should be lighter ( less u do sum type of work out's )
  • lisapooh1
    Options
    Thanks! I love Oatmeal, I forgot it's good for you.
  • lisapooh1
    Options
    Apple and peanut butter sounds good, thanks
  • lisapooh1
    Options
    I've tryed to eat a big breakfast, It doen't seem to go good on my stomach..
  • 614jaimee
    Options
    multigrain cheerios (with or without milk) is always a good choice. Some times I eat a banana or a fiber one chocolate chip bar. It only has 140 calories and is DELICIOUS and filling...especially if you drink some water with it after you drink your coffee. I also like to back these things and take them to work, that way I have something to munch on while I'm there.
    You could also hard boil eggs and eat them.
    Just depends on your taste buds and how much work you are willing to put into breakfast. You can google it, too.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Get "Traditional Style" Oatmeal, not the instant. It's only 60 seconds longer in the microwave after all, lol. I add a serving of honey and a little ground cinnamon to it. I also have Carnation Instant Breakfast with Skim Milk for the drink.

Breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day, lunch the 2nd biggest, and dinner your smallest. I'm doing better these days making breakfast larger, but making dinner smaller is hard. Working on it though.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered VitaTops. They're quick, easy, and yummy. Lots of good nutrients, but don't leave me with a heavy feeling in my stomach.
  • edinat
    edinat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite breakfast is this :

1 light english muffin
    2 egg whites cooked with cooking spray (or sometimes i used the egg substitute)
    1 WW cheese swiss cheese wedge, or Fat Free American cheese.

Toast the English muffin and add the rest ! I also LOVE the flat bagels !

Another thing i like to eat for breakfast and it keeps me really full is this :

1/4 cup of bran fiber one cereal
    1/4 cup of Corn Flakes cereal
    1 vanilla/strawberry yogurt
    dried fruits - i like dried berries
    almonds

mix all that up its wonderful!

I love smoothies but they don't keep me full...i want to be able to eat breakfast and feel full until 1-2 oclock ! When i say full i dont mean like FULL i cant breath i dont like to eat a Huge breakfast either, but eating more fiber, will make u full for longer period , so u dont starve by the time lunch comes by!

Good luck, and remember breakfast is VERY important !
  • keegannati
    Options
    Rolled oats, plain yogurt, protein powder and diced fruit all mixed together. I eat it practically every day, doesn't take long to make.