I need Sock Advice!

Options
Hey y'all!

I need some help picking out some good socks.

I have been wearing these: http://www.amazon.com/adidas-Womens-Superlite-Show-Sock/dp/B008YAEH5C/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3JEDLO7L9SA0K&coliid=I2RHZUL8SOC4M6&psc=1

When I run for more than like 10 mins or elliptical for 20 minutes, my feet get sweaty and it bothers my toes. If I elliptical for too long, my 2 outermost toes get sweaty and rub together unpleasantly. If I run for too long, my inner toe gets sweaty and rubs against my shoe (because it's soggy the friction is worse).

I am confident that the shoes aren't the problem and are the right fit. I got them from a running store that analyzed my gait and everything, and aside from the recent foot-sweat problem, they have solved my ankle issues, etc.

I think I just need better socks.

I have tried Injinji socks (toe socks) and I don't like them while I am exercise.

Does anyone have any advice about good running socks that worked for them? I prefer links to socks that can be bought on Amazon.com, but if you have another suggestion of really awesome socks, and they aren't on Amazon, I am still interested in hearing about it!

Thank you for taking the time to read this and help me out!

Emily

Replies

• jeepyj93
    jeepyj93 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I love Smart Wool socks my feet never sweat in them. Point 6 is my favourite brand, not sure you can get them on Amazon.
  • Ronda73
    Ronda73 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    No cotton!! I have some New Balance and Under Armour ones that I love. You want ones that will wick the sweat away.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I second the SmartWool! And my favorites are Thorlo Experia- They have padding around the toes, and the big toe AND the little toe sides as well as around the heel.
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I third the SmartWool socks!
  • MANDallasTX
    Options
    I have used Fox River MIll socks for years. They are a small company in Iowa. The socks are designed and made right here in the USA.

Here is a link to their Running socks http://www.foxsox.com/Catalog/search.aspx?type=subcategory&code=RUN

FYI These are the folks that created the Sock Monkey.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Target sells nice ankle length non-cotton socks for $12 for 6 pairs.

They work well for me.
  • RunBrew
    RunBrew Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Injinji coolmax.

Or anything merino.
  • bohica36
    bohica36 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Another vote for smart wool!
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Balega. Expensive but totally worth it. Like running on marshmallow clouds.
  • lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Ill second belaga. I love them but they are expensive. I love my smart wool hiking socks but I haven't tried their running socks.
  • astange83
    Options
    I like my GoldToe :)
  • RunBrew
    RunBrew Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I've killed numerous pairs of Smartwools. Flat wore them out. Holes in the heels, toe stitching separating, the whole shebang.

Bought two pair of Darn Tough brand merino socks and after almost a year of running, hiking, and daily wear, they are *just* starting to get fuzzy in the high wear spots. If I eventually kill them, they have a 100% unconditional money-back guarantee. Mail them to the shop in Vermont, and they send you a new pair. Done.

I will say, after I found Injinji socks, I save the Darn Toughs for cold runs and hiking. Toe-socks FTW.

If you get any wool socks, wash them inside-out, in cold, with NO fabric softener. They'll live longer that way.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Wright Socks, double layered.
  • excitedaboutfitness
    Options
    Thank you all for your help and advice!! I just ordered a pair of SmartWool PhD Running Light Micro Sock to try out!!
  • excitedaboutfitness
    Options
    I just got my new Smartwool socks yesterday, and I did my first run in them today.... that was WAY better!! Thank you!