Beautiful Blues 10/25/10

Options
MayLan
MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
Hey fitness buddies,

We have losses this week, wohoo! Awesome job everybody and the highest loses are in green.

Week6.jpg

I'm planning on just getting started with working out and getting better sleep. Overall I need better planning because I have so many things planned out that I want to do, that I end up running out of time.

Anyhow, life is good, and I'm happy to do this with all of you.

What are your plans for this week?

Replies

• debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I am going to eat my fruits and vegies....I just got back from that co-op, it is so much fun! I have lots of fruits and vegies to eat over the next week! Hooray!

Keep up all the great work everyone!:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • MTDork87
    MTDork87 Posts: 205
    Options
    Debnu - Get anything super exciting? I've been a squash fiend lately between spaghetti squash subbing in for pasta and a new acorn squash recipe that posted on the forums a few days ago. I love fall veggies!

Now that I'm finally feeling better, this week is all about staying healthy and finishing up the Shred strong, even with my sick hiatus. My MFP buddy also wants to start slim in six on November first. Anyone done it / heard about it?
  • MTDork87
    MTDork87 Posts: 205
    Options
    Saw this on the forums and loved it so thought I'd put it here in case anyone missed it :-) I've lost the amount of pizza the typical American eats in a year but I'm still looking to lose that Chihuahua. What about all of you?

1 pound = a Guinea Pig
    1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
    2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs
    3 pounds = an average human brain
    4 pounds = an ostrich egg
    5 pounds = a Chihuahua
    6 pounds = a human’s skin
    7.5 pounds = an average newborn
    8 pounds = a human head
    10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year
    11 pounds = an average housecat
    12 pounds = a Bald Eagle
    15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs
    16 pounds = a sperm whale’s brain
    20 pounds = an automobile tire
    23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year
    24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream
    25 pounds = an average 2 year old
    30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year
    33 pounds = a cinder block
    36 pounds = a mid-size microwave
    40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg
    44 pounds = an elephant’s heart
    50 pounds = a small bale of hay
    55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
    60 pounds = an elephant’s penis (yep, weights more than his heart!)
    66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year
    70 pounds = an Irish Setter
    77 pounds = a gold brick
    80 pounds = the World’s Largest Ball of Tape
    90 pounds = a newborn calf
    100 pounds = a 2 month old horse
    111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year
    117 pounds = an average fashion model (and she’s 5’11”)
    118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica
    120 pounds = amount of trash you throw away in a month
    130 pounds = a newborn giraffe
    138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year
    140 pounds = refined sugar an average American eats in a year
    144 pounds = an average adult woman (and she’s 5’4”)
    150 pounds = the complete Oxford English Dictionary
    187 pounds = an average adult man
    200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds
    235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger
    300 pounds = an average football lineman
    400 pounds = a Welsh pony"
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    bumping for later
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • ChattyKatie
    Options
    Thanks I missed this.... Final destination is Irish Setter. Have a great day.
  • debnu1
    Options
    The list of weights is a lot of fun... I will have to remember that when I am on the loss bandwagon again. The sad thing is that I have gained a bald eagle since I was pregnant. I'll have to work on that!

I got a pineappple, grapes, granny smith apples, pomegranets, bananas, tomatoes, parsnips, yams, lettuce spinach and broccoli. All yummy. I have been eating grapes all day. I had a great time helping out and getting my stuff and I am sure I will do it again next week. :bigsmile:
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Hey fitness buddies,

We have losses this week, wohoo! Awesome job everybody and the highest loses are in green.

Week6.jpg

I'm planning on just getting started with working out and getting better sleep. Overall I need better planning because I have so many things planned out that I want to do, that I end up running out of time.

Anyhow, life is good, and I'm happy to do this with all of you.

What are your plans for this week?

Congrats to all the losers! I am with you on the planning aspect. I think I would do so much better if I would plan things out better! Thanks for the chart it is awesome!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say hi. Hope you are all having a good weekend. I need to go read my Sunday School lesson before bed. Goodnight!
  • ainslieglen
    Options
    Just over an average two year old lost so far, on the way to a small bale of hay! Have a terrific week everyone:bigsmile:
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hi all...I've been MIA for a few days. My computer crashed on me again. That makes it really hard for me to get my typing done. No typing = no paycheck :angry: My hubby had to strip it back down and reinstall all the stuff again. He worked on it over 12 hours yesterday. I have been stressing over it and have been eating everything that is not nailed down. I am really fighting the urge to snack constantly. I am one week away from TOM so maybe that is part of it. My goals this week are to make it to my class all four days. I missed two last week while they were putting on the roof. I was the cook/errand girl. But it is done now and that can no longer be an excuse. My calorie goal dropped down as my weight did so I am also trying to eat about 80 cals less per day. My goal is to lose an automobile tire so I better get busy! Hope you all have a great week.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I've lost an Irish Setter but before I'm done I want to lose the complete Oxford English Dictionary.
  • debnu1
    Options
    Tammy try drinking a glass of water and chewing some gum. There are some new flavors out for extra--dessert sensations. I tried the mint chocolate chip and it was just like eating the ice cream, except not cold and creamy. :tongue: That helps me...

I am having fun trying to find ways to eat all my fruit and vegies. I made pizza last night with spinach and tomatoes on it--boy it was tasty, I also cut up the broccoli and had it with some ranch mixed with greek yogurt. Yummy! I am going to keep this up!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Tired from the weekend, just did cleaning yesterday. Saturday was the volleyball game. Now back to the routine, and hoping to get some sleep tonight.

Good job everybody and keep up the good work!
  • smadag1
    Options
    Did W1D1 today need to push myself a little more but it was early, but atleast I got out and did it. Will do something tomorrow so I can keep my motivation going. I hope I can start seeing some loss soon. Need more water in my diet.

I went to Zaxbys today to grab a quick snack and half way into my onion rings and pickles I started feeling sick so I know my body isn't responding to the grease well so no more deep fried things for me I learned my lesson:drinker:
  • smadag1
    Options
    think I am going to do a Zumba class with a girl from MFP that lives a few miles away. I will do it next Monday at a local church.
    Have any of you ever done Zumba I am not sure what to exspect
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hey Blues:

Sorry I've been mia. I have a busy week this week at school. I have to not get back into the habit of eating when I'm studying and stressed.

Smadag1 - I love zumba. I find that if you like dance, you will enjoy it. It may be a little difficult to keep up with and learn all the moves at once but if you hit the point where you can follow along more, it really increases the enjoyment of the exercise. I found that the hour that the class was didn't seem like an hour after the first week. Now that I've been talking about it, I feel like I should go back and do it again. I hope you enjoy it :)
  • tamelab
    Options
    think I am going to do a Zumba class with a girl from MFP that lives a few miles away. I will do it next Monday at a local church.
    Have any of you ever done Zumba I am not sure what to exspect

I do Zumba at my church with my bootcamp class. It is fun but I have no rhythm. It is hard for me to get the hip swinging thing but I just keep moving lol. I think you will like it.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Just dropping in for a quick hello. I went back to my bootcamp class yesterday and can really tell that I have missed. I am so sore today I can barely lift my arms, which is bad since I type for a living. I was glad to get back on the wagon again though. My weight is already coming down again. The class makes such a big difference for me. We will go through Thanksgiving and take a short break and start again in January. Some of the ladies will meet during our break so we can get in a class about three days a week if we want to. It is rainy here again so no painting shutters and doors for me. If you need it to rain at your house just buy some painting supplies lol. Hope you all have a good day.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    If it will stop raining or at least slow down to a drizzle, I'll run tonight with my boys. 5k

Walking a 5k Saturday morning with a great friend and running a 5k Saturday evening with my family....gotta get some miles in before.

Stress is killing me in the food dept I want to eat all the time. AARRRGGHHH
    I am trying but jeez...I think I am going to try taking some Rhodiola (herbal supplement) and see if it will help calm me down so in turn I'll quit acting like a hoover sucking up everything in sight (well it's not really that bad but sometimes I feel like it is)

Changed up breakfast this morning - added about 1/2 cup of peppers/onions/mushrooms to my 1/2 cup egg beaters and 2 slices of chopped bacon...my version of a western omlet - and only had 1/2 bagel instead of a whole. Hoping the veggies will tide me over...if not I have a honey crisp apple with my name on it in the fridge. My biggest downfall is getting fruits and veggies in so my goal this week is to have 4 servings per day (1 with each meal and 1 as snack!)

Not setting any other goals - back to the basics!