What do you think?

Options
I think that I am going to start drinking coffee in the mornings again, I am looking at most of your diaries and I see that it is only around 5 calories and it usually fills me up so maybe I should start drinking it throughout the day with my cups of water of course.
What do you all think?
Are there any bad things about drinking coffee throughout the day that I should know about?

Replies

• sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    You get the jitters. You might not be able to sleep. That's all I can think of. Coffee isn't a substitute for water because of the caffeine. Be warned, my husband repped coffee for years so I'm a little biased.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Black coffee has about 5 calories for 16 ounces and coffee has a lot to offer, but like everything else there are also the bad sides so keep it in moderation. Remember its the sugar and other items we put in our coffees that add up, I don't like artificial anything I use real half & half and raw sugar and my coffee comes out to 55 calories and I'm willing to add that to my daily intake.....sometimes more than once but not often.

I would say I am a little biased too I spent 12 years in the coffee biz many working for sbux and I have been consistently drinking some form of coffee since I was about, well forever my poppy used to let me have coffeemilk (mostly milk with a little coffee and sugar) as far back as I can remember. :drinker:
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    we drink decaf for most of the time, that way we can have our coffee and drink it, too!
  • janalenee
    janalenee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Green Tea is actually really good and is supposed to help you loose weight and it has caffine too - not as much as coffee but at least it has some benefits as far as helping us loose weight...and it's 0 cals! :drinker:

Good Luck Lady! And if it matters at all...if that's you in the picture on your profile...you don't look overweight to me at all!!!:smooched:
  • RungosGirl
    Options
    Green Tea is actually really good and is supposed to help you loose weight and it has caffine too - not as much as coffee but at least it has some benefits as far as helping us loose weight...and it's 0 cals! :drinker:

Good Luck Lady! And if it matters at all...if that's you in the picture on your profile...you don't look overweight to me at all!!!:smooched:

Thanks your so sweet but there is a lot that a big T and tight pants can cover. lol
    Anyways Hm, Green tea. I will have to try that. I used to drink tea a lot but for some reason stopped. Thanks again.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee black. I have to limit myself on quantity. Too much can give me what I call "acid gut" Green tea is much better for you. I forgot about that and reminds me to put it on the grocery list:bigsmile:
  • losingitwithjess
    Options
    I drink one cup of coffee in the AM before my workout.. they say a cup of coffee (not a huge cup.. like 8oz) can actually help you work out harder during your workouts... I would maybe have a cup in the morning and def no caffeine after 2 in the afternoon because it can actually hinder your sleep. Coffee black is the best way to go.. but if you can't drink it that way like me.. then I would go for all natural milk or cream, with raw sugar or stevia..

Good Luck!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I think that I am going to start drinking coffee in the mornings again, I am looking at most of your diaries and I see that it is only around 5 calories and it usually fills me up so maybe I should start drinking it throughout the day with my cups of water of course.
    What do you all think?
    Are there any bad things about drinking coffee throughout the day that I should know about?
    [/quote

I drink one cup of coffee in the morning and another one between 2 and 4 PM and I do fine. Not everybody gets the jitters, so we can not apply that rule to everybody. My husband can drink a cup of expreso at 9 PM and still sleep like a baby. We are all different.

I read several articles that a cup of java before a workout helps by providing an energy boost. Coffee does not affect my diet, it does feels me up a little. I drink it blackwith one splenda (I don't like honey or the taste of stivia)

You could try and see how you feel. Start by half a cup, and if you don't like or get the jitters, just don't do it anymore.
  • ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    Options
    I drink coffee every am, but it is just 1 or 2 cups and it is always with splenda and fat free creamer.
  • I'm not giving up my coffee WITH creamer either ... But you might develop an addiction to the caffeine unless you use decaf for at least part of your coffee. I can't sat too much ... I usually drink about six 8 oz cups every morning.