Fitbit or Jawbone up???

Options
Hi everyone

I have had a stepper in my pocket for about 4 years now and think its time to update. The question is Fitbit force or Jawbone up? They are both heavy on your pocket but I don't mind if it is accurate reliable and does what it says on the tin. I want something that can monitor my cycling and trapeze as well as walking and running.

Any ideas??

Replies

• parkgirl1
    parkgirl1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about the same thing, i use my phone at the moment so will be interested in what people have to say :smile:
  • vicki9168
    vicki9168 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Interested in the same answer. They are both expensive, am told jawbone is better but no experience myself. I currently use runtastic pedometer, except for today where I had it in my pocket and running for most of the day I normally only use it when I go fora walk. Considering something I can use all day and would like to know differences between the two.
  • Diet_Soda
    Diet_Soda Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I wear a FitBit One and love it. I wear it 24/7 because it is also my alarm clock. I clip it on my underwear during the day and wear it on my wrist while sleeping.
  • JADEPH0EN1X
    JADEPH0EN1X Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Have just ordered a fitbit flex !
  • pizzmor
    Options
    Funny I was just shopping for these this morning, or comparing what is out there.

So far I like:

1. Fitbit Force
    2. Garmin Forerunner 10

I have an old Garmin and it uses GPS to track your distance. Fitbit also tracks distance, but I am not sure how it does it. I am interested in accuracy, so I guess if I get a Fitbit I will have to track my distance using the GPS in my phone and compare it with how far Fitbit says I went to show if it is accurate.

Both have limitations, but I am leaning towards the Fitbit.
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    Options
    Love my fitbit flex
  • parkgirl1
    parkgirl1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    mmmhhhh fitbit flex i must say in looking is the one that stands out so far for me
  • njteena
    njteena Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've had a Fitbit One with me since May and I love it. Highly recommend.
  • brendapalmer146
    brendapalmer146 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love fitbit. I had the Zip that for some reason malfunctioned and upgraded to the One and love the one! It tracks floors, steps, calories, distance and sleep. I really really like fitibit and wear it everyday, so this week when it didn't work properley and I exchanged it I was a bit lost without it. I dont know to much about Jawbone but really like fitbit and I dont think you would be dissapointed. Hope this helps!
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    We are a Fitbit family (me, my two boys, my parents, my brother) ... I did a blog post about everything I love about the Fitbit
    http://jenbsjourney.blogspot.com/2013/08/wondering-about-fitbit.html

Originally I did get a Jawbone Up for my 17-year old (the Flex wasn't in stock). He lost it after just a few weeks. He liked it while he had it, and said they are both good (we did get him a Flex as a replacement).
  • kangaroo33
    kangaroo33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Fitbit One! Don't know the other, so can't say, but I love my One!
    By the way, I clip on my underwear, facing in and keep it on 24/7, too. I don't bother to change to the wristband, because it's tracking is just as efficient as when using the wristband you're supposed to slip it into for sleep.
    As for the flex or force...for me, I think they'd just get on my nerves being on my wrist.
  • jmburke22
    jmburke22 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I personally have the Basis B1 and I love it. Not only does it count steps, but it also measures your heart rate and a bunch of other things (perspiration, skin temperature) so the calorie number that it gives you should be more accurate. I've compared the heart rate monitor to the ones on the treadmill or elliptical and it always seems spot on. My only complaint is that the heart rate monitor doesn't do a great job when I'm really active (i.e. running hard on a treadmill)....it does better if the device is snug against my wrist. It also monitors your sleep which is pretty cool. I'm a big guy so the watch looks fine on my wrist, but for someone with small wrists the watch could look a little bulky.

Good luck on which ever you choose. I think all of them will be great. For me, they have been a huge motivation to get up and moving...especially on the days when I can look at the watch and see that I haven't taken enough steps (good excuse to walk to get coffee).
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Neither will give you data for cycling or trapeze because they are really only measuring based on steps.
  • pizzmor
    Options
    RIght, which is why I was considering the Garmin, but I have a computer on my bike. Still doing some research.
  • asreyes8022
    Options
    mmmhhhh fitbit flex i must say in looking is the one that stands out so far for me

I agree. I LOVE my Fitbit Flex.
    However,if you do stairs a lot, it will not count these. In this case, you would want the Fitbit One instead.
  • James0808
    Options
    Also check out the Polar Loop.. It was just released and absolutely blows the fitbit and up out of the water.. It replaced my HRM and fitbit.. I spin also and it works good for that too with the hr band..
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    FitBit! I have been wearing a FitBit every day of my life for over 2 years now (first the classic, then the Ultra, then the One) and since I started using one, I have half my family wearing them, too. (Fiance, Mom, sister, aunt, and several friends)
  • JonfromIndiana
    JonfromIndiana Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Me to, I love the fitbit one. It really motivates you to walk extra steps or climb stairs which adds up to a healthier you.
  • Veslus
    Veslus Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Flex. For the most part, I really like it. But there's some aspects of it that I don't. Even though it's water resistant, I don't wear it in the shower anymore, after one shower where I showered for 300 steps, haha.

My wife has a body media armband that she really likes. It's more accurate than the flex, but it's not something I can wear so the flex was the better option for me.
  • donjessop
    Options
    A hip pedometer is going to be more accurate than one worn on your wrist, so if you want accuracy you go for a hip placed pedometer.

That being said, the accuracy of the wrist worn pedometers is not bad. If you walk with your hands in your pockets your going to be screwed, but otherwise they aren't bad. If you are interested in a scale as well then you should be considering the Fitbit or the Withings family of products. If other related products are not required/necessary/desired, then go for the one that fits you the best. I have a large wrist and none of the manufacturers make one large enough.