What is the best thing you ate today?

Options
2»

Replies

• fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    stir fry veggies with broccoli, carrots, green onion, mushrooms, green peas and homemade orange chicken.

also made some low cal pumpkin banana muffins today. delish!
    going to have one for dessert with a scoop of fat free vanilla ice cream
  • dansu2000
    Options
    Chicken piccata from skinnytaste.com with roasted sweet potatoes. Seriously one of the best meals I've had. Very low cal too. It was yummy!
  • fiftyandfit
    Options
    love skinnytaste.com......just found the site today! :love:
    that's where I got the recipe for the muffins!
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    healthiest food: apple slices
    yummiest food: sliver of french silk pie:)
  • dansu2000
    Options

I just found it today too. Am anxious to try those muffins you talked about. Try the piccata...it's soooo yummy and easy.
  • ab_shutterbug
    ab_shutterbug Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Cilantro marinated shrimp from Costco with a glass of Pinot Grigio. MMMMMMmmmmm.
  • eabrown1
    Options
    A hot off the grill pettite steak.
    And 5 tortilla chips....then I threw the bag on top of the refridgerator so I couldn't reach it. Tortilla chips are my sweetest downfall. I know they're up there though, thinking about how good they'd look processed into fat on my behind!
  • hingebre
    Options
    today was super cold and rainy so I had a nice hot bowl of minestrone soup to warm up :) so delish. I've been craving it forever.
  • fiftyandfit
    Options

I just found it today too. Am anxious to try those muffins you talked about. Try the piccata...it's soooo yummy and easy.

FYI..the recipe is actually for bread.......but I made muffins. If I made bread, I'd eat the whole loaf!!
    I also added flax seed and raisins.
  • katerinab
    katerinab Posts: 107
    Options
    We grilled today. I got some turkey brats at a great price the other day so I had those, plus the whole grain white Pepperidge Farm hot dog buns. Pretty expensive on the calories, but it could be worse, and they were SO YUMMY. It's one of the only turkey items I can eat without wishing I had the full fat traditional version.
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I had kind of an upside down day with my biggest meal for breakfast -- a fried egg (I ate 2/3rd of it), 2 bacon strips and a buttermilk biscuit. Lunch was Hillshire Farms thin sliced honey ham. Also a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese.

I watched the baseball game so I had some fresh popped, low fat, popped corn and a hard, sour dough pretzel. Just water for drinks. Also a fruit cereal bar and a Skinny Cow no sugar added ice cream sandwich.

Lots of food -- and I came in under on all the tough nutrients like sugar, fats, cholesterol and sodium.

Lots of tastes. It worked out okay!
  • SouthernBell86
    SouthernBell86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Wow! So much variety in what everyone ate!!! Glad to know that MFP is full of people losing weight and learning to love the food they eat to do it!

This morning I had cheese scrambled eggs with ezekial raisin cinnamon bread. Cheese scrambled eggs are my Dad's specialty (and the only thing he knows how to make), so it is our family tradition to eat it on Sunday morning. I always enjoy it and it's a great way to start the day :)
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Fixed a bowl of oatmeal this morning with banana whipped into it and topped with frozen strawberries and sugar free syrup. It was pretty good. :) The two mini corn on the cobbs I had at lunch are pretty equal to it though in the best thing I ate today.