Calling All Zumba Fanatics!!!

Options
Many of my friends on MFP report Zumba as one of their cardio exercises and everyone seems to LOVE it! I visited a class last month and was impressed as well. My only problem is that the area I live in only provides a class twice a week, and one of the days is on a Saturday. I'm Seventh-day Adventist, so that won’t work. Can anyone provide some feedback on the home DVDs (e.g., weight loss results) and tell me what you think? I really want to place my order soon, but don’t want to pay for another set of DVDs that will just sit in the box collecting dust. Thanks for your assistance! :bigsmile:

Replies

• amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    im a zumba fanatic... but fortunately my ymca is 10 minutes away. ive seen commercials for the zumba dvd sets and they look very similar to my classes. sooooo fun. i say go for it. i'm also a kickboxing fanatic, and i've heard turbojam is good too :)
  • lauralouwho414
    Options
    I had this DVD set called "Yoga Booty Ballet", and it includes differently workouts, but then two similar to Zumba. They aren't as fun as the class because they don't have newer songs, but I do enjoy those!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    My zumba instructor has that set for the hour long info mercial.. I'm not sure the name but it's like 6 dvds? the one with the 20 min power zumba or something, she said it's pretty good.

I too am lucky enough to have a zumbafied fitness center 15 min away that has zumba (don't beat me up) every day!! They do zumba, zumba toning, body pump and turbo kick only.
  • theatremack
    Options
    I have the Zumba DVD's as I was too intimidated to go to "Live" classes and I LOVE THEM!!! Once you get the moves down it's so fun. I got the set with the Zumba toning sticks and it's fun and there is a few different work outs so I don't get bored. Hope you enjoy them if you decide to buy them!!
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I have the DVDs and I love them! I want more! :smile:

I would be a person who would never set foot in a class because I would be too intimidated. I'm so glad I got the DVDs because I can practice at my own pace. I think that's the only way I ever got the steps down. Now I'm down three clothing sizes since July. I may actually get the confidence through the DVDs to go to a class one day.

The set cost about $70 with S & H and I ordered them off the Zumba website. The arrived in about 5-6 days.
  • bgtorres
    bgtorres Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Zumba DVD's. I get to do them at my on time in the convinience of my own home. So it works perfect for me specially because I'm a mommy of a 5month old. I really don't have time to leave anywhere:)
  • sherry_80
    sherry_80 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    All of the zumba dvd's are good, and you wont get bored.
    The program comes with a breakdown of each dance. its convenient if you can find a class or gym that offers zumba
    I personally have not taken a class, i know its different than the dvd's, different dances.
    zumba is coming to wii in november,
  • DonnaMDodd
    Options
    Okay -- I cannot believe that Zumba is coming to the Wii!!! This is all the motivation I need. Thanks for all of the support guys. :love:
  • DonnaMDodd
    Options
    Purchased the DVDs last night. I am so ready to ramp up my weight loss!