Green smoothie recipes, anyone?

Options
I would love some yummy green smoothie recipes that will have the calories included.
Thanks in advance,
Pobutt

Replies

• litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    my favourite:
    1 cup home fresh squeezed orange or tangelo juice
    1 cup spinach or kale
    1 banana
    1 serve vanilla protein powder

Blend the OJ and greens together first, then add banana and protein powder, blend some more.
    Bright green, beautiful!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    1 scoop strawberry protein powder
    1 banana
    1-2 cups baby spinach (whatever will fit in my nutribullet large cup)

340 calories for 2 cups 26 grams of protein. If its breakfast I drink the whole thing, If it's a snack, I give half to one of my kids.
  • iamthismany
    Options
    You can do so many combinations of green smoothies. They are awesome! My Favourite is 1-2 cups of spinach, some frozen strawberries, pineapple, frozen peaches or fresh pear, a banana, some ice, a small container of yogurt and water. I don't slats add the yogurt but I am not a milk drinker so I need to get in some adds calcium.
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    This site is a great source for recipes...

http://www.youtube.com/user/GreenRegimen
  • paleojoe
    Options
    You can do so many combinations of green smoothies. They are awesome! My Favourite is 1-2 cups of spinach, some frozen strawberries, pineapple, frozen peaches or fresh pear, a banana, some ice, a small container of yogurt and water. I don't slats add the yogurt but I am not a milk drinker so I need to get in some adds calcium.

I absolutely love putting pears in my green smoothies! Pineapples are great too... so much flavor.
  • iamthismany
    Options
    I made another smoothie this morning. Strawberries, banana, tropical fruit juice, a couple spoonfuls of crushed pineapple, cherry yogurt, spinach and ice. I find that if I don't use a few ice cubes the drink seems too warm for me.
  • iamthismany
    Options
    Oops double post. Sorry!
  • iamthismany
    Options
    Thanks for the link :)
  • Pobutt
    Pobutt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    So many smoothies to look forward to! Mmmmmm. If anyone can list the calories of their smoothies, that would be great. I find one of the hardest things is having to figure out the calories when I'm hungry.
  • paleojoe
    Options
    So many smoothies to look forward to! Mmmmmm. If anyone can list the calories of their smoothies, that would be great. I find one of the hardest things is having to figure out the calories when I'm hungry.

On the link I posted, he puts calorie counts on everything... just have to click on "show more" on each page
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    http://simplegreensmoothies.com/

there are a couple of places- and the one I'm looking for I cannot find- but it gave great tips on which order to blend- like blend milk/fruit/liquid with spinnach first- THEN add fruits and stuff- it made a big difference.
  • I like the Dr. Oz energy smoothie - gives you tons of energy for the day. I don't have the calorie count

1 handful baby spinach
    1/2 cup watermelon chunks
    1/2 cup pineapple chunks
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    1/2 sliced granny smith apple (green apples have less sugar than others)
    1 can coconut water (not milk. Get the kind that has no sugar added. SUPER hydrating)
    `
  • Pobutt
    Options
    Thanks paleojoe. I appreciate it!
  • Pobutt
    Options
    The closest grocery store is a little over 2 hours from my house. As soon as I go to town I will be getting fresh and frozen produce to add to my smoothies!
  • keegalie
    Options
    Yum! Bump!
  • paleojoe
    Options
    Thanks paleojoe. I appreciate it!

=)
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Google the naked truths green machine tastes delicious
  • ladler91
    Options
    I have been making a delicious and easy smoothie lately.
    1 cup spinach
    1/2 cup light orange juice
    1/2 cup water
    1 banana
    3/4 cup frozen blueberries
    3/4 cup frozen strawberries

blend water, OJ and spinach until smooth then add the rest of the fruit it. It's only 239 calories and very filling! 55 carbs 1 g of fat 3 g of protein, 73 g of sodium 30 g of sugar.