Because I love to share my success! (90 lbs gone!)

Options
Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
After my mom's massive heart attack death at the age of 47 in 2005, I decided to get serious about losing weight. From early 2006 to early 2010, I have lost 90 pounds. Of course, I had two more kids in there, but for the most part, I averaged a 5 pound per month loss.

Just in case you wonder what I did...I slowly added in more and more exercise. I started drinking more water (average of 96 oz/day). I eat whole grains, lean meats, lowfat dairies, am a fairly clean eater, and keep track of everything I eat and drink. I do have treats every now and then, but I usually try to make healthier versions myself of things I'm craving. I :heart: taking a recipe and making it healthier. It's like a game. :smile: I eat 5-6 times per day, always trying to have some protein each time.

While I still have some weight I'd like to lose, I'm mostly trying to firm up and be happy with my body at this point. Three c-sections in four years haven't made for the prettiest mid-section, but I am working on that (mentally and physically).

Oh, my favorite workouts...running, Turbo Jam, ChaLean Extreme, and the Biggest Loser dvds.

Now to my pictures. My heaviest recorded non-pregnancy weight was 260 pounds, two months after I had my first child. I started losing weight at 245 pounds. I am currently around 155 pounds. Enjoy!

260 pounds (May 2005)
260.jpg

245 pounds (October 2005)
245pounds-1.jpg

155 pounds (July 2010)
155pounds.jpg

Replies

• kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Great job :smile: So proud of you!!
  • VCStarr
    VCStarr Posts: 155
    Options
    Wow!!! You look great :)
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look so great! I know you must have worked really hard and it shows. Thank you so much for sharing!!!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!!!!!
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    very proud of you.
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Your story and your success are so very inspiring for me. Thank you for sharing! :) CONGRATS!!!
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! You look Great and should be Very proud of yourself and all your hard work!!
  • ashbridge
    Options
    You look fabulous!
  • cmckellip
    cmckellip Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! You look great!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • joan41
    joan41 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Good Job! What a Difference!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. Your Mum would be so proud that you took the bull by the horns in her memory. :heart:

Thank you for sharing, you look AWESOME! :flowerforyou:
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Great work, you look like a new person :o)

... and great tips for us all to follow, your living proof that all this stuff we're all doing works!!

Congratulations on your success so far and keep up the great work xxx
  • courtneylyn1
    courtneylyn1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You look great! WTG! ;)
  • 1fitmama
    1fitmama Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Wowwwww Amy!! You have done a fantastic job!!! Adorable baby in the pic, too!
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! What a change! Brilliant job :)
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    You look Great!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing, It gets hard sometimes then someone post a spirit lifter thanks.
  • CDresp
    CDresp Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Outstanding!!!! And how wonderful that you will be around for a very long time for your kids! YOU GO GIRL!!! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!