Water Weight after injury.

Options
I sprained my ankle earlier this week when I sprained it I weighed in at 254 LBS, I've stayed in my calorie range and I just weighed in at 260 LBS. I was wondering if it's mainly just water weight, if anybody has experienced this themselves?

Thank you for the info!

Replies

• 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Could be. You may want to start tracking sodium. My goal this week was to stay under the allotment given to me by MFP by 1000 gr and it worked for me!
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    You could definitely have swelling around your ankle. Does it feel warm?

However, you may be moving around a lot less, so the calories you burn everyday (BMR) may decrease over time.

When I was injured (6 months in a wheel chair) I moved around a lot less - but I lost weight because it was harder for me to get to the food.
  • jwulgaert
    jwulgaert Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh it is definitely swollen, lol. I was just thinking 6lbs of water weight seemed rather high. I think I may need to watch my sodium. I've looked over my past few days and I've shot well past my sodium requirements.
  • Skinnyme87
    Options
    I would say its defiantly water weight.\

I know this because a few years back I was in a terrible car accident which resulted in many orthopedic surgeries including having both of my ankles fused. To this day I deal with this water weight in my legs. Both legs visibly swell causing added water weight. Drinking plenty of water seems to help to some degree for me. My doctor though also prescribed a water pill I use occasionally when the swelling gets to bad or even painful for me.

I think your situation will improve once your injury heals more! Best of Luck!! Don't get too discouraged. Everything will be okay : )