Getting fit for Cosplaying

Options

Replies

• AmyWininger
    AmyWininger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I would love to have some friends in gaming and anime!! I have been losing weight for getting healthy, but cosplaying is a huuuge plus. I've been Yuki Cross form Vampire knight, and I have my Orihime inoue cosplay from Bleach. I love making props. My brother and I are going as Magikarp and are going to perform a type of "Lion dance" to Summon the dragon, AKA, Red Gyarados. gonna be awesome. I'd also love to do Winry Rockbell fom Full Metal Alchemist, and Jack Of Blades from Fable. I'd love some steampunk OCs too. :) There are just sooo many things I want to do, but where i live, I have no friends to do them with. :/ Going to MTAC though. Just ordered my tickets. Can' wait. :)
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I've determined that my goal cosplay will be Sig Curtis from Fullmetal Alchemist.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Only need to gain about 80 lbs of muscle then I can cosplay Goku
  • princessrisariri
    princessrisariri Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Off to London comiccon this weeked, I will be dawn from pokemon, but fat. This is the cosplay I've been slimming for so hopefully there will be at least 1 good pic of me in it.
  • kanamade
    Options
    I love anime! I'm a big cosplayer myself. That's great motivation to work with. The nice thing about cosplay is there are so many different characters and body types out there, too.
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Welcome, & good luck on your journey!

Cosplaying is so fascinating, I've considered getting into it.. but, I don't think I could pass as any celeb/character haha.
    I dig games & anime. :)
  • MissLeelooDallas
    MissLeelooDallas Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I love cosplaying, but haven't been up to much of it these last few years because of weight gain/loss of confidence. I'm working on losing it so that I can cosplay at next year's Planet Comicon and Naka Kon in KC.
  • JaneGS93
    Options
    First off, Cosplaying is awesome! I've done it twice! Sadly, it's also am expensive hobby that I can't afford and I'm not a very good with sewing. However, great with boxes...I was the best Pocky Box EVER! Anyway. I'm not here to lose weight for cosplay, but I think it is awesome as one of your goals! If I could get into a weight where I could cosplay anything, I would be Chell from Portal, 1 or 2 because both versions are awesome. Also, I'd love to be a human Glados! or A human turret! Anyway, good luck with your goals!
  • ryske
    ryske Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Dude that rocks. Shingeki no kyojin (attack on titan) is so hot right now. And if you get like Reiner, that would be crazy awesome!!!

I wanted to get a group of people together before to do it. But The 3D maneuver gear...grrr.
  • GossInABox
    GossInABox Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I used to cosplay a ton, but fell out of the hobby due to money concerns and then weight concerns. But I recently went to my first con since 2009 and I've been inspired to get back into cosplaying again. I'm still too self-conscious about my weight, but I'm hoping a specific goal will get me back on track again. Plus, I remember what a confidence boost it was feeling good about those costumes I worked months on. =D
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i want to cosplay as Conner Kenway one year
  • Baranlomiel
    Options
    That's an awesome goal to be working towards! I personally haven't cosplayed yet, though I've been wanting to put together an outfit for Mrs. Peel from The Avengers for years now, but have had trouble finding the right gear, as well as guts to wear a 60's style catsuit. One of these days I'll get it together! I'd also be very enthusiastic about cosplaying as Ross Campbell's Glory, though I'd need to work on acquiring a few tons of muscle. Anyway, I wish you a lot of luck! Also, feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    That's one of my goals too! :D I'm tied between Lady Deadpool or Dark Phoenix. I've never cosplayed before but it always looks like so much fun when I see people do it at conventions.
  • kayla_who
    kayla_who Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    If I set a cosplay goal it would be to go as my blood elf paladin on World of Warcraft. She is seriously sexy! :)
  • shadowkat57
    shadowkat57 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    One of my (many) reasons to lose weight is to cosplay Aeryn Sun from Farscape - that's a lotta leather!
    Go you!
  • Saturn226
    Saturn226 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    add me too!!! I think you would make a fantastic reiner!
  • AmyWininger
    AmyWininger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    If I set a cosplay goal it would be to go as my blood elf paladin on World of Warcraft. She is seriously sexy! :)

Oh my goodness. Tell me about it. I love blood elves! ♥
  • Lithium_Laced
    Lithium_Laced Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been cosplaying for 4 years, but over the years I have slowly gained weight. While my costumes have gotten better, I have gotten less photos and I personally believe my size is what has caused that.
    My cosplay goals are Lala from To Love Ru - Her fighting costume, and Motoko Kusanagi.
    Feel free to add me~ Also my MAL is http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Amura
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Hi lovely people,

I'd love to go to a con and cosplay but haven't summoned up the courage yet! I'm an anime fan although I haven't watched a lot recently. Been playing League of Legends and FFVII recently.

Add me :)

Leila
  • claireelewis
    claireelewis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I think it really does help to have a goal in mind no matter what it is :)

I am not so much into anime but am into gaming and Sci Fi and am also trying to slim for upcoming cosplay attempts.

I have planned to go as River Song (Dr Who) to the Sci Fi weekender and then later in Aug hopefully going to Games Com in Cologne as a female Ryu from Streetfighter.

I've also previously gone as Alice (America McGee) to Eurogamer http://clairedoescosplay.wordpress.com/