Foam roller?

Options
2»

Replies

• AngelsFan91106
    AngelsFan91106 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    It was some of the best $40 I have EVER spent. It will definitely hurt at first, but the pain will subside the more you use it.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    It was some of the best $40 I have EVER spent. It will definitely hurt at first, but the pain will subside the more you use it.

I was really lucky I guess a neighbor was moving and she had never used it so I got it for free. Sounds like a great tool :)
  • meeper123
    Options
    I love love love foam rollers. The firm, black ones from OPTP are my favorite. They really release the muscles for me. I've noticed that when I use one before ballet class, my turnout is much better and my extensions are higher :)

so they also help with flexibility?
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Couldn't tell you unless you're talking about the ones for hair (which are awesome). I did try a video on youtube about the foam roller and just used my rolled up yoga mat (I taped it to keep it from unrolling) and it really helped my sore hips and calves. I'm thinking about getting one now! Those ones with all the nubs on them to massage seem like they would feel so nice. I can only imagine how good it must feel on your back.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    mine is only about half as long as that is that ok?

It isn't the size...

...it's how you use it.

(Wait, what? :huh:)
  • InsanityMan84
    Options
    It's a good hurt though. After you're done, you feel so damn good. I couldn't believe how good it felt after the first use. My back especially.
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I love love love foam rollers. The firm, black ones from OPTP are my favorite. They really release the muscles for me. I've noticed that when I use one before ballet class, my turnout is much better and my extensions are higher :)

I suppose you could say that. For me, it's more that the muscles are looser, so I can better access the flexibility I do have without the muscular tension holding me back, if that makes sense
  • meeper123
    Options

I suppose you could say that. For me, it's more that the muscles are looser, so I can better access the flexibility I do have without the muscular tension holding me back, if that makes sense

yeah it does. Sounds amazing! I am usually extremely stiff after lifting weights. I hope this will help me be less incapacitated
  • meeper123
    Options
    mine is only about half as long as that is that ok?

It isn't the size...

...it's how you use it.

(Wait, what? :huh:)

rolf
  • juggz212
    Options
    How much does it help? I have a small one that was given to me, and I thought since I am going to be adding in more weight training that it wouldn't be a bad idea to start using it. How do you use it? What sort of improvements have you seen?

It's helps immensely when done properly, how long and how often it should be done depends on the individual when I first started with it I did it every day for at least 30 min. Now I do it 2-3 times a week and I feel great. It helped reduce my forearm tendinitis greatly. I train hard so foam rolling is a must for me.