How much do I eat on Insanity?

Options
I checked the beachbody website to determine how many calories I should be eating. It has a couple of options as to what our goal is, and for "stay at same weight, but tone up", which is my goal, it says I should be eating 2100 calories, and for "lose a lot if weight", it says I should eat 1570 calories. I'm 5'6.5, 138-139 pounds and these numbers seem a little high! Anyone who can help me out here?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I checked the beachbody website to determine how many calories I should be eating. It has a couple of options as to what our goal is, and for "stay at same weight, but tone up", which is my goal, it says I should be eating 2100 calories, and for "lose a lot if weight", it says I should eat 1570 calories. I'm 5'6.5, 138-139 pounds and these numbers seem a little high! Anyone who can help me out here?

at 5ft6 and 138lbs it doesnt sound like you need to 'lose a lot of weight' so i would go with the 2100.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5"2 and on 1700 and I'm a lot older so no it doesn't sound to high.
  • capriqueen
    capriqueen Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    2100. That sounds better than the starving "1200-1400" diets I've been on. I hope that doesn't cause any gains?
  • claireydafairy
    claireydafairy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 4 and I aim for 1821 on days when I train so I would go for the higher option.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    2100. That sounds better than the starving "1200-1400" diets I've been on. I hope that doesn't cause any gains?

i gained weight while doing insanity but i lost bodyfat... ditch the scales and take progress pictures.