Replies

• Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    None at all! Just do it!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Agree with all of the above, no shame at all. Record your time and next time knock a little off. Good luck!
  • Salty_Sauce
    Salty_Sauce Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    There's ZERO shame in doing anything that gets you off the couch and moving !
  • itcanbedone13
    Options
    Wow!! Thanks for all of the replies. I just wanted to get a feel of what people thought of walking a 5K. My goal is to prove to myself that I CAN do it and I WILL DO IT!!! Not looking to impress anybody at all. This is FOR ME and ONLY ME!! :happy:
  • sukatx
    sukatx Posts: 103
    Options
    Hell no there's no shame in walking part of a 5K. There's no shame in walking ALL of it! You just get out there and be proud of doing the best YOU can do.

Personally, I've done 2 5Ks. I walked all of one of them and about half of the 2nd. Was determined to run a complete 5K soon after, but then I went and broke my foot so I need to take it slowly. I haven't given up yet, though and some day I'll do it!
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Nope. I was reading the site for a 5K that I'm going to do. They have a special section for walkers. They let them start early, I think. There's shame in standing in the cheering section doing nothing. Kidding. But, my point is that you're moving, and that's what matters.
  • Shandonlady
    Options
    No, not at all... I walked a marathon this year!
  • teamAmelia
    Options
    No, not at all... I walked a marathon this year!

:noway: Wow! Congratulations. How long did it take you?
  • RunningMs
    RunningMs Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    No shame at all! Just getting out there is something to be proud of. Walk, run, skip to the finish line...just remember to Have Fun!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I have bad knee's and wear braces and walk more than I jog (I can't really run because it is to much impact on my joints) and I try to do several 5k's every year... Even Walking a 5K is more than all those that are still sitting on the couch.... Best of Luck
  • teamAmelia
    Options
    No shame at all! Just getting out there is something to be proud of. Walk, run, skip to the finish line...just remember to Have Fun!
    Skipping sounds fun. :laugh:
  • Absterdam
    Options
    No shame at all. I just walked my first 5k, the electric run. Remember even when you're walking you're still runnin laps around people deciding to stay on the couch ;]
  • Shandonlady
    Options
    Walked the marathon in 6.5 hours.
    A 14:30 pace.

I loved it, and plan to do another!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i would not be ashamed at walking a regular foot race. i would be embarrassed and disappointed in myself. it meant that i hadn't properly prepared for a challenge.
  • itcanbedone13
    Options
    Well, last week I opened up this topic asking for advice for my first 5K. Well, I did it today and finished the whole thing. I walked the whole thing and actually finished last...but I DON'T CARE. I was happy to finish it and am not worried about my time. I just wanted to prove to myself that I could do it and I DID!!!

Thanks everyone for all of your input!!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Well, last week I opened up this topic asking for advice for my first 5K. Well, I did it today and finished the whole thing. I walked the whole thing and actually finished last...but I DON'T CARE. I was happy to finish it and am not worried about my time. I just wanted to prove to myself that I could do it and I DID!!!

Thanks everyone for all of your input!!

I was going to comment that before I saw this post that the only shame would be in not enjoying yourself.

Way to go on finishing and I just think you have a great attitude! You should be proud of yourself.
  • itcanbedone13
    Options
    :smile: