23 year old triying to get healthy!

Options
Good morning everybody!!!

I've been a member of myfitnesspal for quite some time but never stuck to it or to working out. This time around it's different. I'm 23 years old size 14. I can't run for more than 4 minutes and I am so out of shape. I am 180lb and I want to lose about 40-45lb. I want to be lean and toned. It feels as it's only a dream but I know I can do it if I try hard enough and discipline myself. After having a gym membership for almost a year and only using 1-3 times I decided enough was enough on Saturday 11/02/2013. I am done being over weight, done not being able to run for more than 4 minutes, done being unhealthy, done not buying the clothes I would want to wear lol. On Saturday I decided to get up at 9 a.m and went to the gym with my bf, speed walked and lightly jogged a mile. I wanted to give up but I didn't let my self. Yesterday (Sunday) I also went to the gym in the afternoon and tried jogging more on and off then slow walking but this time on a "hill" on the treatmill. This morning I did something I've never done before. Woke up at 5:30am and headed on over to the gym I speed walked /jogged a mile, and did some upper body work outs and had a Raw Meal (Garden of life) shake. I feel awesome it's my 3rd day and I don't want to give up. I don't want to be a quitter! I can do it I need to stick to it.

I've thought about vlogging and posting on youtube my journey on loosing 40lb but not sure, if I should.
How ever I do have an instagram and I do post healthy meals and things like that if any one would like to follow me @ pixiiev !

It is nice meeting you all I hope we all reach our goals and NEVER GIVE UP!

-Pixiiev

-23 yr old college student and working full time trying to get healthy and in shape
=]

Replies

• LaurenEllexx
    LaurenEllexx Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm sure you'll reach your goal, just don't quit! I have been working out for a bit over a month also as I need to lose some weight. Feel free to friend me if you'd like :)
  • SerenaBeans08
    SerenaBeans08 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 23 years old as well and trying to get healthy while going to college!
    Let's be friends! Add me if you want :)
  • pixiiev
    Options
    Thanks guys! We can do it !

Feel free to add me as a friend =]
  • piquantpi
    Options
    I'm also working full time and going to school pretty much full time while trying to lose weight. It's hard to balance all those demands on my time, but I think it'll be easier to MAKE time for being healthy with support.
  • _SomecallmeBerto_
    Options
    I'll add you...we are around the same age group with the same issues lol.