Tricks

Options
I have a couple of tricks that I do when I get cravings, Such as brushing my teeth because food tastes bad with toothpaste or chewing a piece of gum because I have OCD and don't like throwing away the piece of gum until I have chewed it for at least an hour.
What kind of tricks do you guys have to keep yourselves in line or to stop your cravings??

Replies

• ♡MyCurves
    ♡MyCurves Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Eating throughout the day...3 meals and up to 3 snacks..never feeling starved...and eating meals with a lot of fiber...and lots of water at least 8 glasses+
  • lilbugsd
    lilbugsd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Water - downing a glass when I get the munchies.
  • EdgeChic
    Options
    This isn't really a curbing a craving tip, but when I do have dessert (usually a serving of light ice cream or Smart One's Dessert) I use a baby spoon to eat it, takes 10x longer to eat, so I mentally think I'm eating more, and I feel more satisfied.
  • Deebo958
    Options
    I chew Dentyne gum. The strong cinnamon flavor does a number on the taste buds!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I also drink a big glass of water.
  • RungosGirl
    Options
    This isn't really a curbing a craving tip, but when I do have dessert (usually a serving of light ice cream or Smart One's Dessert) I use a baby spoon to eat it, takes 10x longer to eat, so I mentally think I'm eating more, and I feel more satisfied.

That is a great idea. I wonder why I have never thought of that before...amazing...and soo simple.
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I too use a baby spoon, as well as toddler bowls and dishes (so many in the house lol) It really does work after growing up in a house where every plate had to be full and we had to finish it all.