quick question about stomach fat loss

Options
So I know you can't target where to loose fat, but are they good exercises that are beneficial the the process in itself, I just lost about 20 pounds, and while I can notice it in my face, arms, and upper chest it looks like my stomach buldge bas gotten worse, and yeah I get that it all takes time, and I'm not trying to rush it I'm just trying to get set on the right trail so atleast after 2 months ill notice a difference.

Replies

• bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Just start resistance training. Do squats, lunges, deadlifts... Try some weighted sit-ups, like with a medicine ball, maybe? Get some muscle under the padding and then it'll be clearer once the padding melts away. :)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Get adequate protein, and heavy lifting strength training. This ensures a higher % of your weight loss comes from fat, instead of a large amount also coming from muscle.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Even at my lowest weight (117 at 5'4") I still had a bit of a belly. I'm back up to 135, and it seems, with the exception of a teeny bit of muscle I was able to put on while not eating at a solid deficit, all that went to my belly. It's the absolute last place to go for me. It really comes down to where your body picks to lose the fat. Do your cardio, do a solid strength training program, eat at a deficit and be patient.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    My best suggestion would be to take measurements every 2-4 weeks. I don't lose inches equally. One month I'll lose only off my belly area and the next I'll lose everywhere but my belly area. So it could be that you noticed the loss in your face, arms, and upper chest but that's only making your stomach bulge look worse. How do your clothes fit? That's another good way to judge your weight loss.
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I have found that as I built muscle in my abs my abs got bigger. Until the fat starts coming off (and it seems like the last to come off) - you will look bigger there if the muscle is bigger. However, once the fat starts coming off there- and I know it eventually will- the muscle will look better and my overall shape is better in the mean time.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    What you eat + genetics = where fat is stored ...

ETAL and strength train, but people already said that ....
  • GhoulMango
    GhoulMango Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    All you can do is keep the sodium and processed foods low (to avoid bloating and make sure you're eating nutrient dense foods most), make sure you're eating enough that allows your body to continue to use fat as an energy source (not protein aka your muscles), and stay active. Your body probably takes fat from the stomach last, so all you can really do is be persistent, patient, and determined. HIIT workouts are great for fat loss and so is strength training, so try to make sure both of those are in your workout routine. But like you said, you cannot target the fat on your stomach. Unless you get liposuction.
    Another thing to consider! Make sure you aren't intolerant to things like gluten or dairy or have any other food issues. Not only will they cause some trouble in the digestive tract, but any issues like that will make you bloated too. So make sure you're eating food that make you feel good! Don't shovel down tons of fruit or whole grains or dairy if it's not settling well with you.
  • EricaFaythe
    EricaFaythe Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy. Squats, lunges, Olympic lifts, etc. You need an all-over routine.
  • dmittelstadt1
    Options
    Well currently I'm on the keto diet aswell, shoukd of menitioned that before hand, its the only diet that I have been able to loose weight on, and the only one I've actually stuck with. Thank you all for the suggestions this community is so helpful
  • dmittelstadt1
    Options
    And I'll menition aswell that me and my buddy are planning for Mexico in 2 months, so I pretty mucch want to get as flat as stomach as possible in 2 months which I can't really see happening but any work outs recommend I will gladly look at just need a kick in the *kitten* to get started.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Increase exercise intensity for the simple reason that fat stored around the mid section tends to suggest visceral fat which responds favourably to high intensity work.

However, you have to offset the possibility of over use injury so don't go nuts.