i realize now i wasn't ready to get fit b4

Options
:bigsmile: i was always looking for a quick fix to lose weight. i gained 50 lbs after my divorce. i guess i wasn't ready to be with someone new and being overweight helped push the opposite sex away. i took fat burners, tried low carb diets, etc. But I didn't really want to be thinner, because the weight helped me avoid my emotional pain. finally i said "enough". and with the help of myfitnesspal app, sprintgps walking app and my Wii, I have lost 12 lbs and plan on working hard until i get the body i want.

Replies

• 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    GREAT job on the weight loss and your new dedication. We have all (well me anyway) been there looking for the "magic pill". It takes alot of time but I know you can do it. MFP has been awesome for me and I am sure you will love it too!
  • xxquzme
    xxquzme Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey. For some reason i like your story so i plan on keeping track of you. I think you have some real potential here. This is a great place to find support. Feel free to add to topics that you know and listen to those topics that you need help with. make small goals and make sure that you meet them. remember that weight loss isnt science as much as it is math. 3500 cals equal 1 pound. Take in less than your body needs and you WILL lose.
  • esq2man
    esq2man Posts: 30
    Options
    Thank you all for the positive feedback! I also switched to healthier electronic cigarettes from the cancer sticks. I breathe so much better. I recommend them to anyone dealing with dual addictions ( food and cigarettes).
  • esq2man
    esq2man Posts: 30
    Options
    thanks xxquzme. I started at 280 and you are where I want to be.
  • mykaar74
    mykaar74 Posts: 253
    Options
    great job on the weightloss and I wish you the best on the rest of your lifechanging healtheir journey