updated 338# lost in 15 months with new picture

Options
t1954
t1954 Posts: 81 Member
UPDATE: DOWN 338# WITH NEW PICTURE

I am no rookie or stranger to gaining weight, losing weight, failed attempts, and paying for the same real estate over and over again. I have tried it all except for "the surgery". I really never had any problem losing it. Keeping it off has been my Achilles heal.

This is my story. I woke up on July 27, 2012 and decided enough is enough. I had to do something about my weight problem. I found MFP and quickly joined the website. After that, I logged in every day and recorded my food.

I lost 282# in 52 weeks. I did this with no tricks, no surgery, no supplements, no energy bars or drinks, no shots just pure old fashioned willpower and exercise. I joined a gym on December 24, 2012. Currently, I am there about 4-5 times a week. I probably broke all the rules. I eat about 1,000 calories a day. I eat three times a day with snacks. I have skipped meals when I am not hungry especially on the weekends when I am busy. I weigh myself every day. I visit my personal physician every 30 days. He monitors my progress and draws blood about every 60 days.

In the past year I haven’t had one bite of fast food, pizza, junky sweets or beer. I can’t say as I miss it. I want to lose about another 50#. I am posting this for the people out there who get discouraged or have a substantial amount to lose. You can do it. You have to be determined. Don’t get distracted by outside influences. I decided I would set aside one year of my life to really concentrate on my problem. I am 59 years old. If I can do it, you can do it. Everyone is amazed at my results. Are the results typical? I doubt it. Did I lose it too fast? The answer is probably. Are my Dr. and I pleased with the results? The answer is absolutely.

beforejpg_zpscd1ceea7.png

photo_zpsd9a653e5.jpg

7aebee30-985f-4cbc-b01b-e29b384666f7_zpsfe0c9d30.jpg

1st picture is July 2012
2nd picture is Jully 2013
3rd picture is November 2013

Replies

• unnur16
    unnur16 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    this is Amazing! Well done!
  • janet6567
    janet6567 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! Congratulations on your loss. Your story is truly inspiring!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    That is truly amazing. Congratulations. :drinker:

As an aside: It really TICKS me off when people who are eating super low calorie and talk about 'not being hungry'.

Because I am hungry ALL THE TIME. :sad: And I eat a heck of a lot more than you.
  • CarlaTurc
    CarlaTurc Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration. Congratulations to you on your weight loss. For those who think you can't lose weight on 1200 calories - you, sir are proof that they are wrong. Are you currently at goal?
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    So awesome -- thank you for sharing your story and photos!
  • dbm037
    dbm037 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Wow! Wow! Wow!
  • Marsidote
    Marsidote Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    So awesome!! Congrats!
  • Thank you for the inspiration!!! You have done amazing. I currently have over a 100 to loose. My issue has also only been maintaining the weight lost. I currently eat between 800 and 1000 calories. I do take supplements to make sure I'm OK nutritionally, but I'm worried about the nutrition for myself. I also worry about the end goal myself... but I do have a plan. I plan on maintaining using Intermittent fasting. Google it for yourself. You may find some good tips and it sounds like some of the choices you have made fall along those lines. make sure you try to stay on.org or .edu sites for the most part. It looks like men do better with this than women, but I'm still going to try maintaining with method

I too have had and still have many people with many negative opinions on what I'm doing. I shut them out. The alternative is weight loss surgery. That sounds really scary and you are eating about 800 calories anyway for about a year. Less in the beginning. So I'm doing this!!!

The only thing I would do additionally is when you are down to your final goal weight, go see a nutritionist. What you want out of them is what to do to maintain this weight. I would make it a priority to check in with them periodically. If your doctor is willing to do this instead then go with that. I just feel that those of us that need help maintaining need someone to be accountable to that will help us keep it off for the rest of our lives... Just a suggestion

Keep in touch with me, I will be in the same boat and have been many times in the past. Maybe we can help each other
  • mayerrocks
    mayerrocks Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    what an amazing story! this time will be different... you'll get to keep it down... we're all here to cheer you on!
  • ladybird_502
    ladybird_502 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    AMAZINGGGGGGGGG!!

Congrats :D

What an inspiration!
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    You, young man, are an inspiration!

Wonderful achievements!
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing, I'm not sure congratulations is even appropriate. You are awesome!!
  • the_only_solution
    the_only_solution Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!
  • BevBasil
    BevBasil Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!!
  • glitzy196
    glitzy196 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am crying (for real) tears full of happy for you!!!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    FANFREAKINGTASTIC!!!!
  • fsucrack
    fsucrack Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    What an incredible story! Thank you for sharing and that came at tiem that I really needed to hear it. I have been struggling for a couple months and I needed to refocus. Your photos speak volumes... way to go. Keep it up!
  • favoritenut
    favoritenut Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    awesome job! :flowerforyou: you must be so happy and proud of yourself!
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Completely blown away, you sir are truly an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!