finally... i found clarity

Options
Over the summer i weighed myself every single day. I was beyond my goal weight, but for some reason, that still wasn't enough. I was a little obsessed and that number on the scale would determine my mood for that day. "2 pounds heavier than yesterdayyy?? ok definately paying attention to what i eat today" or "ok 1 pound down from yesterday, i better really stay on track today". see the problem, nothing positive. I was so focused on what I ate or what I looked like that day "why is my stomach bloated today??" that i would stay home by myself, i didnt feel good enough about myself to go out anywhere, plus "what will i be eating, what if i get hungry and they dont have food that is acceptable to eat". sooo... if you believe it, it wasnt until i gained a little weight (5-7 pounds) over the past few months, (back on MFP to lose it, lol) that made me realize people are still going to like you for you, not how your body looks. So this week i stopped looking at the scale, and my mood has completely changed, i am happier and more motivated in exercise and eating better. The numbers DO NOT make you the person you are, BUT they will if you are consumed by them.

Replies

• foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    That is so true. I don't even own a scale for that very reason. I occasionally weigh myself at the gym but I find it discouraging and misleading at times. Sometimes I'll be feeling really great and feel like I am making progress-and then I step on that scale, the numbers don't say what I feel they should, and I get discouraged with those demons in my head telling me lies :)
    I like to focus more on how I feel and how my clothes are fitting, rather than the numbers on the scale.
    Keep up the good work and postive thoughts. You may be interested in the book called The Only Diet There Is. It focuses not on food and exercise, but on positive self worth and attitude.
  • JForbrizzio
    Options
    I haven't used mine in forever either. Mostly because my niece jumped on it and it made a giant "SPROING!" noise and is off like 40 pounds. But I know I'm still losing weight because I'm tracking all my calories and I keep on having to wear smaller pants. I have to give a lot of credit of my weight loss to this site and the android app.
  • Kaileyxoxo
    Kaileyxoxo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    ya this site is a lifesaver for me! i lost the weight I wanted to lose before this past summer so I stopped MFP, and i was fine, eating right, and exercising but i couldnt get off the damn scale... until now lol i feel a lot better about myself, and the support on here is like no other =) And thank you for the book recommendation ill have to check it out.