Lose Weight by Sleeping More

Options
Very interesting study. I'm glad I like to sleep lots now :)

http://lifehacker.com/5664527/burn-fat-by-sleeping-more

Replies

• fit_nyc
    fit_nyc Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this article. I came across the original a year or two ago in a class. I've been thinking of sending a suggestion to My Fitness Pal asking them to add a sleep counter similar to the water counter. I think it would be helpful for people to track their sleep, and I bet they'd be surprised how much it correlates with their weight.
  • ashley_h10
    ashley_h10 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    interesting! thanks for posting! Too bad i dont have an option to sleep more :(
  • Lynz888
    Lynz888 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this article. I came across the original a year or two ago in a class. I've been thinking of sending a suggestion to My Fitness Pal asking them to add a sleep counter similar to the water counter. I think it would be helpful for people to track their sleep, and I bet they'd be surprised how much it correlates with their weight.

I would definately utilize a sleep counter!
  • leanmass24
    leanmass24 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I wish I had the kuxury of more sleep... work gets in the way (12hr shiftsand an hour commute) I am still losing weight though.
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    But it's not just weight loss, you actually lose muscle instead of fat when dieting if sleep deprived. This is a good reason to rethink priorities