Happy to be here.

Options
Hi, everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself. I've got a long road ahead of me when it comes to improving my health. I realistically need to lose about 80-90 lbs. Currently 28 yrs old, 220 and 5'3. That is a lot of weight, even on my sturdy frame. I'm an RN and my weight has begun to affect me in my job (sore feet, back, hips...all the time!) I have a bad habit of not asking for help when I need it and I'm trying to make better habits for myself. I would love to get to know some of you fine folks. If anyone has similar goals or is looking for a supportive friend I am *so* glad to meet you. :D

Replies

• 86muffintop
    86muffintop Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Glad you are here! I am not an RN, but I do work in the health care field and was in a position for 4 years where I was on my feet 12-13 hours a day for a minimum of 3 days a week. I gained so much weight while working that position and I think the biggest factor was not knowing when the next time I could eat would be- I ate so fast at every meal and when I got home, I would shove whatever I could in my mouth and go straight to bed since I needed to be up in 6 hours to do it all again. Feel free to add me.- You can get to your goal!

ETA: I have been on MFP since Early this year, but just got serious on Sept. 27th... that's when my ticker started movin' :)
  • illuvatree
    illuvatree Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hey! I need to lose a similar amount and like to help motivate people. Feel free to add me if you want to! :)

(And I totally get you. Standing jobs are tough.)
  • farrellb21
    Options
    Hey, looking to lose about 100 lbs as well. Please feel free to add me everyone. I'm 21, and a senior in college, with plans to go to law school, I work part time, and i really want to get fit!
  • casyb360
    casyb360 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a good support network as well!! Feel free to add me :)
  • Mistymaam
    Options
    Hi there! We have pretty similar weight loss goals. I am 5'1" and 218 pounds. I really want to lose the weight because I've had so many health issues. So feel free to add me as a friend. I need to figure out how to do that...not sure how yet. :)
  • sweetNtangy
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I was 214 lb 1 month 1/2 I lost 15 lb already feeling so happy :) feel free to add me
  • 65by60
    65by60 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi, I just joined today. We have similar goals so feel free to add me. I need support on the road to recovery.
  • munchie3511
    munchie3511 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome to MFP! Feel freet to connect with me. I'd be happy to cheer you on in your journey and let me know how I can help! Goodluck in your journey!
  • amberrea82
    amberrea82 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request :)
  • nrobenolt
    nrobenolt Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck! feel free to add me!!